Chidreni and Diamond Juvi Care...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Already_Gone

Reaction score
I am getting a childreni hatchy during dec or jan. I am gonna keep it in a smallish (3-4L) plastic container half on a heat mat (for temp gradient). I am also looking into getting a diamond hatchy in about march. Could you use the same setup (obvioulsy a different tub) for this species, providing I take it out in the sun a few times a week. I just wanted to be sure before I jumped in and did it myself!!!

why dont you try using desert dens they are fairly sheap to buy and they are also ventilated... thats what i use for my hatchlins/juviniles.......

Forgive my ignorance, but what are they??? Are those the plastic fixh tank things with the coloured lids and the flip flop door in the top... if they are, you are a smarty

Hey bud, I'd be keeping the hatchling in a proper enclosure if I was you. You can pick up a purpose built melamine enclosure with sliding glass doors, ventilation etc from Westside Pets at Taringa. I think they're between $150 and $200. It's about 2ft L x 1.5ft D x 1ft H. It'll last him a lot longer than a plastic container.

but... keeping a hatchy the size of a pencil in a comparatativly large enclosure can cause it undue stress (which I am trying to avoid at all costs). Eventually they will move up into larger enclosures and I want the diamond to go into an aviary (not with my galah tho... he he he :p)

Click clack cage, I think is what they are also called, AG.
To your question about the Diamond hatchling, it would be fine in there for at least a year, possible more.
But I would not be too worried about them stressing out in a bigger enclosure after that.
My hatchies moved in too bigger enclosures after about 8 to 10 month, with no worries at all.
I felt sorry for them in that small space.

yeah, just checkin on the UV requirements... I think I might have adventure days for everything where they all get to go outside, but taking everything all at once could be a bit of a handfull he he, I can just imagine it!!! I know UV isnt such a big deal with the childreni, but I know diamonds bask...

i reakon have your diamond in like a 2 foot fish tank with a wooden lid so ya can have a light and probe thermostat and a proper uv light childreni gust go to a discount store and by a plastic food tub and drill in some holes or cut a hole in the top and put some of that stuff they use on gauzed doors now that stuff is strong as hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back