childrens python - not feeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sniper

Reaction score
can anyone help me, I purchased a childrens python 2 1/2 months ago, she laid eggs two weeks later which failed and she has not eaten since. can anyone tell me what I can do to get her to eat? A.S.A.P

whats your set up, temp, humidity etc?

I'd suggest if she only layed two eggs she may well be egg bound.
Is her rear end fatter than her front end?
I'd get her checked out by a vet or experienced herper..

childrens phython answers

thankyou for all your responses.
our tank is at 30celicius. she had 7 eggs and no more inside, still good body condition, all she wants to do is stay inside her hide box

RE: childrens phython answers

Is she staying inside the hide box where the eggs were laid?
If so she can still smell her eggs and is still using her maternal instincts, thus not thinking of food. Did you leave the eggs with her or artificially incubate them. I would change her box for a clean one. Remove any scent of her eggs. In time she'll come around and start feeding again.

reply childrens python

the cage was cleaned and the box she laid in was removed and replaced with a new box. the only thing in her pen that was there before is some of that fake grass carpet and water dish.
We have changed part of her pen to red sand that was purchased from a reptile shop to give her environment a bit of a change.
she loves to be handled and regularly trys to get out when cleaning her pen, and is very active when not in her box.she almost seems to have gone into early hibernation, could the changing weather be effecting her ?

RE: reply childrens python

i got told not to place my snakes on sand, could this be affecting her?

reply - childrens python

we live in adelaide,
the snake spends most of her time on the carpet and not on the sand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back