Childrens Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ifregosi

Reaction score
Hi

I have my first snake and she is a childrens python. Just a quick question......... Do they hibernate?? I know its a silly question, but I cant find the answer anywhere.:oops:

Only if you cool them.
I don't think snakes hibernate, it is called brumation and is different. They will brumate if you cool the temperatures while young and some adult snakes will brumate even if you do not cool them.

I don't think snakes hibernate, it is called brumation and is different. They will brumate if you cool the temperatures while young and some adult snakes will brumate even if you do not cool them.
Ah same thing, they slow down go off eating and are colder it's not worth confusing someone only new. When I posted that I knew someone would say something....

Ah same thing, they slow down go off eating and are colder it's not worth confusing someone only new. When I posted that I knew someone would say something....
Just if someone new looks up hibernate on the internet it will be different and will not mention snakes so you are best trying to use the correct terminology from the start and then they can research the correct term for themselves and get the required information.

NOT the same thing!!!! This is where information goes badly wrong, You need to learn the difference before offering information!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back