Choices....choices....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougie210

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
i own 1 stimsons python, 3 beardies and 2 thick tailed geckos-i have been keeping reptiles since february this year.And was planning on getting a SW carpet python or a pair of ackies(next year when i go for cat 4)Well anyway i was wondering out of these 2 species which should i get i am 14 and own the animals i just told you. Oh and Are you able to tell me like a "care sheet" sort of thing for these 2 reptiles, like i know the temps and stuff i mean like caging and all of that?>and would they be good??
Thanks,
Chris

i personally think for a 14 year old you should get the SW carpet. much easier to care for. but hey, thats just my opinion. :D

Hey, But can you guys also like tell me info and sort of characteristics sort of thing like handling an stuff and what i also said in the original post

Ackies! I am a lizard lover, never had a snake (yet) so i suppose i can't really comment on this. But i will any way...ACKIES :D

Personally, i'd suggest stick to what you got =P it sounds like you already have a fair bit for a 14 year old, you have to factor in having the room to properly house everything once they are fully grown aswell.

Oh and guys i forgot to add....These are the other 2 reptiles i really want....Which were the ackies and SW carpet.The reason why i made this thread is because my mum has allowed me to get one of these, plus she wouldn't mind having another cutie in our family :) But i do have time to choose, next year i will most probaly be getting one of these, we have enough room to house either of these, what size enclosures??
Thanks,
Chris

Oh ok, i will only be getting 1 carpet or a pair of ackies??So info on them charactoristics, and the other things i listed above
thanks for the help for the people who have replyed

If you have such a long time till you can get either then read everything you can on both :p.

Yes, thats what i have been doing, but the thing is i need help deciding lol

Ah well.. That is all up to you and your family. You guys will be the ones that will have to look after them not us ;). Go with what you really want, because theres nothing worse than just following someone elses choice than down the track be disapointed and go "Man... I wish i got the other one instead".

Guys, These are the 2 i both really really want, I have wanted a carpet for ages-When i first got into reptiles, and i have gotten into an interest of ackies for about a month or 2 now, as they are great size monitor and stuff, but i heard you can't handle them, they take alot of time after skools and stuff.So any other??

Guys, These are the 2 i both really really want, I have wanted a carpet for ages-When i first got into reptiles, and i have gotten into an interest of ackies for about a month or 2 now, as they are great size monitor and stuff, but i heard you can't handle them, they take alot of time after skools and stuff.So any other??

Oh you can handle them, just be prepared for a few scratches ;)

With the decision. I have been looking into a few new types to buy, I find by going to youtube and looking at videos of them it gets you to know the reptile a bit more. For example I have a love for monitors. (yet to buy any) and have been looking at many on youtube. Its also fun to see how they move, speeds they move, how they eat, and of course, how hard they can pack a punch.

That shouldn't matter.. Most of the people here who have ackies have jobs, and Jobs take up alot more time then school.

i just got my SW carpet 2 days ago from west aussie reptiles, and they built and enclosure for me that is big enough to last all its life, i can find out how big it is now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back