Chondro question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olivehydra

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Got a new book for chrissy which is essentially a "pretty picture" book on jungle photography. Author and photographer is a herpetologist by the name of Nicole Viloteau. One picture is of a GTP from Cape York Pen. which claims the specimen was 11.5 feet long! A metric figure of 3.5m was also given which suggests it was not a "typo". Anyone heard of gtp's getting that big?? 6 -7 ft is the biggest I have heard of.

11.5 feet that's massive,i don't doubt they'd get bigger than 6 foot but over 10 :shock: Must be an intergrade :lol:

Sorry, what do you mean by "intergrade"?...

Getting worried about your little yellow worm, Olive? 'Fraid it'll get too big for you to handle?

reptililian said:
Getting worried about your little yellow worm, Olive? 'Fraid it'll get too big for you to handle?

You know me, bigger the better I say :wink:

I would suppose there is a little mistake as the Aussie GTP belongs to the Southern race of viridis (along with Aru end Merauke populations) that I would estimate about 120-130 cm. as adult, instead of the Northern island ones (Biak/Japen race) a bigger around 180-190 cm.
Cheers
Stefano

Hello? This is a chondro thread. It's been up for hours and there are still only a handful of posts on it. I'll say it louder CHONDRO! No? How about this one then... gtp. GTP GTP GTP. C'mon guys, it should be miles long by now! :wink:

There was a fella that used to come on here, haven't seen him post for a while, he lives at 'Lockhart river', and posted that he had seen a ten footer before, but it was many years ago.

There you go lily, another post for you! LOL!

Neil

A freinds chondro, posted on my site.

enjoy.

PICT2406.jpg

They are SUCH beautiful creatures. Out of this world. And is that faux lily-of-the-valley the baby is sitting on? I'm loving this pic! :D

Well I was also going to comment about that gorgeous tapestry-thing in the background, but thought perhaps that was going a bit overboard, even for me! I'm loving EVERYTHING about this pic! :wink:

Very nice instar. Is your friend local or OS? (dont really care, more interested in the snake :wink: )

Then heres another from the same guy, damn lucky bloke!

PICT2369.jpg

an another, ill have to ask him for some closeups! This bloke has some incredible snakes!

PICT2407.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back