Chondros Article

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Violetilda

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all..
I finally got my Reptiles Australia Mag.
They have some great articles in there.
My fave is about the GTP..
I found it really interesting and informative.
i had to wipe the drool off my chin from those pics. lol
I'm in love :D
What did u guys think of the article?

Yeh i liked it was very interesting especially the part about there enclosures and there sizes and basically stop mothering them lol.

While I didn't agree with absolutely everything in it, I thought it was interesting to read about someone who uses a few unconventional methods, rather than another accout of someone doing the same thing everyone else does. The fact that he spoke about a few different ideas made reading it a lot more worthwhile than reading several others, as they'd just be the same old story again and again.

can i ask why there is another article about GTP,was there not a entire mag on them only a few issues ago???

Articles:
Lake Eyre Dragons, AGAIN.
Green Tree Pythons, AGAIN.

The mag is getting pretty repetative.
Would be good to see some new blood writing for them instead of the same old faces each & every issue. Get cracking guys.

Amazonian, have you written & published anything in the RA?

The author of the GTP article, Michael Cermak, is coming to our next NQHS meeting as a guest speaker and will be giving this talk . So if you are in or around Townsville come along for what should be a very informative night! August 13th - 7pm. PM for more details.

Was not a bad read over all , but enough with the Greens and Lake Eyre dragons ...

That was one of the best written articles in RA for a while, in my opinion has been the best article of Volume 4 so far.

Amazonian, have you written & published anything in the RA?

No I havn't (not that it should matter)
If I was to write an article for them it wouldn't be on a species that has been in the previous 2-3 editions thats for sure. I simply think the magazine could do with some new articles on species that have not been written about previously. It would be better for the magazine if they spread the repetative articles out with a longer duration in between then have them run consecutively. JMO and not an attack on yourself or other authors. All I was trying to say is that it would be good to see some new artcles by new writers in the mag & my statements should be seen as encouraging fellow keepers/writers NOT dissmissing the current mag or it's authors.

Last edited:
guys it was part 2 of the lake eyre dragons,and the gtp article was different to the others,i thought it was a good edition,way better than nothing,but theres no pleasing everyone,lol,remember its a mag that has to try and please everyone,including begginners,seeing as it gets bagged alot,instead of dissing it,hows about some of you so called experts put pen to paper and show them how its done and support our local herp publications

I thought it was a great issue. The GTP article gave me plenty of food for thought and now I want a lake Eyre dragon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back