cicadas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have the green grosser thingy ones around my house :p they are dam noisey... especially when they are getting attacked by something :p and we have bunches of little ones at my school and we used to steal all the shellls from the forest thing at the back of the school wehn we were little :p

I remember when i was a kid there semed to be thousands of cicadas during summer but doesnt seem to be as many these days, was it just being a kid that i thought there was a lot more then actually existed

The kids and I go nymphing on hot nights and bring them home and hatch them on the lounge.

This year so far we have had, green grocers (green form) yellow mondays, masked devils, chocolate soldiers, double drummers, black princes, and floury bakers. We generally get tigers and cherry nose's as well come late December.

They are a fun insect for a kid to watch the metamorphosis process!

The other day i saw a green grocer, a large browny peach one and a black red eye all on the same tree. I felt privelidged. LOL usually only get the red eyes arround here.

i didnt know there we so many different kinds,they sound like names for fire crackers. i only use to get the green ones as a kid, i found one the other day and wish i could find more,great herp food.but almost to good looking to feed,.

As far as I knew (until I read this thread) you only got Cicadas and that was it, I guess not.

I've never really actually looked at cicadas close up but I hear them a lot.
Cicadas don't like me, whenever I go near one it flies at me and doesn't give me a very good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back