click clacks or proper enclosure??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllThingsReptile

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
for a snake what is better-a click clack or tank my friend has a CCP jag in an enclosure
but on here it seems everybody uses click clacks to house spotteds,bredlis,childrens
im thinking about getting a bredli so what should i use as a juvenile and as adult

Depends how big and how old i have a 3 month old jungle in a click clack as she is still very small and I have a 5 month old woma in a 900x600x600 enclosure the woma I'd about 80cms long

I only keep my hatchies in a small click clack and then I move them up into a normal enclosure when they outgrow that.

No, you don't need UV for most snakes. I just use the red nocturnal globes with all my snakes.

Uv for diamonds only I don't bother unless using it as a viewing light

do u need one for a carpet python?? coz my friend uses one and the snake doesnt like it much
and does it do any harm coz ill probably use one anyway

No, you don't need one for a carpet python. I wouldn't be using one cause you risk upsetting their normal body clock.

yes the red heat lights give off heat. Im in the process of building an enclosure atm. Going to use ceramic heat emitters and just normal energy saving globes for viewing lights( where the enclosure will be it will get filtered natural daylight)

Many people use click-clacks, but I put hatchling Bredls into normal enclosures when they were 2 or 3 months old and they did just fine. I simply made sure they had a lot of small hides in various parts of the enclosure. I've used a click-clack, too, but was not overly impressed with the heat profile and poor insulating properties. Just watch your animals and see how they are going. The Bredls didn't act stressed and fed well, so the enclosure was fine. Darwin in the click-clack was fine, too.

well mate uv is up to you but really not necessary, just use a normal bulb for viewing

im just going to do what my local herps shop does
which is use UV lights and heat emitters

Ok so if you are just going to do what you want, against the advice of others on here, why did you even bother asking?!?

i wanted to know what you guys do to get an idea but i have decided that
id rather go local because ive realised (no offence) but people on here dont live where i do
so id rather do what my local shop does and be safe about it

i have my baby childreni in a tub but will put her into her enclosure when she is bigger. as for the UV light, these are only needed if your snake is in an area where it will not get natural day/night rotation. my house for example is shut up while i'm at work 5 days a week and is very dark so if i had mine in the living room she would need a light, otherwise i just use the heat mat.

i wanted to know what you guys do to get an idea but i have decided that
id rather go local because ive realised (no offence) but people on here dont live where i do
so id rather do what my local shop does and be safe about it
If you want to buy supplies cheaper than your local shop and get excellent advice, try HerpShop. They have a range of heating options and thermostats, plus excellent light cages. All stores in my area are much more expensive. Brian will give you good advice if you give a good description of what you are using, animal, etc. Like many others, I prefer a ceramic heat emitter (controlled by probe thermostat) and a normal flouro light globe. I've got an enclosure with a heat panel and flouro bulb, too. My spare enclosure just has a red incandescent for heat and a bit of light - it's not a display, but just someplace to park an animal for a few weeks when necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back