Close encounter with a Red-bellied Black Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saratoga

Reaction score
Saw this beautiful snake over xmas out in east Gippsland. I think it had one of the reddest bellies I have seen on one of these snakes.

Where its head dissappears from view on screen the snake is flicking its tongue against my thumb. After a few seconds of this I decided (probably wrongly) that it was showing a bit too much interest in me. Even after pulling away a little, the snake kept going on its way without feeling threatened.

YouTube - ‪Red bellied Black Snake (Pseudechis porphyriacus)‬‏

Great footage. Well done!
They are definitely the most laid back large elapid in my book. Not to mention a stunning looker.

Blue

wow saratoga that was the best youtube video ive seen of this species,i come across so many of these in the wild and that was a very casual encounter,was the air temp quite cool? when there on a log they usually try take off damn quick

That was awesome footage mate, love seeing them in the wild, thank-you for sharing.

hey saratoga, if your clever enough, can you tell me if where you were is a Cattail patch? i've been looking EVERYWHERE for them.

Looks like a Cerex species, judging from the leaves and closeness to a water body. Ptilotus prefer dryer areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back