coastal hatched

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bikiescum2003

Reaction score
hi all,
just had a quick question. i had a coastal hatch last night. its using its egg as a hide. i have now removed the egg from the incubator and put in into a 5lt box with a heat mate under half. ive put in another hide and small water dish... should i remove the python from the egg or just leave it come out again by its self

no, don't remove it from the egg, it is soaking up its egg sack and will come out when it is ready - congrats too!

congrat, how many more do you think are on the way? would be cool to see some pics of it in its egg

cool pics, thanks. good luck with the rest or them.

52 days 3 have hatched now so there are another 7 to go (if they all hatch) they hopefully will hatch either tonight or tomorow so some of them will be 53 days

just had to have a quick play with this one its the first one that hatched... i was going to leave them alone until there first shed but i couldnt help my self

good work mate. nice pics too, looks like mum has had a nice bloody feed and wiped her mouth (the table manners of some) lol

Great work bikie. But I am guessing theses guys might not get the same treatment as other hatchlings you have had. Just how many babies are you having! And remember, it is the snakes that get the fuzzies and the human gets the milk!!! :D

I definitly would not remove the eggs from the incubator while the young have only pipped. Leave them in there untill they hatch,ie are compeletly out of the egg. By doing this you are inviting trouble. You really need to remove them from the incubator only once they have fully left the egg. As ad has said this is normal and they are not useing the egg as a hide but absorbing the last of the food avilable to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back