coastal size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish the guy who i got my coastal off showed me his 14ft carpet

he probably didnt because it didnt exist or is somewhat more believably sized, this comes up every few months search "big coastals" and you will see a ton of threads with a lot of my mates is over 12 feet just dont have pics etc etc

I agree with Jonno, there is always many stories of 12ft & 14ft carpets but as I
don't like to exagerate like alot of people I will say I reckon this carpet I have with
me here in the pictures would be just a bit over 6ft.;)

Attachments

• carpet1.jpg
    carpet1.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 219
  • carpet2.jpg
    carpet2.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 202
G'day Andrew,

That's a BIG Carpet...is it captive or wild? And is it available for a measure?

Andrew is only 4 foot 2 tall though :lol:

Haha Jason.

Yes, Jonno the snake is available to measure I will try to organise it as soon
as I can as the snake belongs to a mate of mine.

I agree with Jonno, there is always many stories of 12ft & 14ft carpets but as I
don't like to exagerate like alot of people I will say I reckon this carpet I have with

Dame that is a big coastal!!!

Last edited:
Now that is a decent size Carpet,IMO i reckon its around 10-12 FEET .lucky you dont exagerate Andrew otherwise it couldve been a 14-16feet carpet...Either way its still a good size...Come on Jonno you hear about these 12-16feet carpets all the time,but how many are actually that size,those two you and Ssssmithy caught were true monsters.....with a legit size...MARK

that is a hell of a carpet andrew.

my uncle had a snake catcher come out to remove a so called 13ft carpet from his bbq, when i got there i measured it up to be just under 7ft. not sure how people can make some of these claims.

i have caught an 11ft in the wild and it had a baby possum in it i no it had a possum in it because before i caught it it regurgitated it up and it stank

i have caught an 11ft in the wild and it had a baby possum in it i no it had a possum in it because before i caught it it regurgitated it up and it stank
How old are you Joel?
Did you get any pics? Would be nice to see a 11ft wild python.

Hey Andrew,
Nice coastal - I've got a 7.5ft Darwin - that guy must be at least 9 foot I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back