Coconut fibre substrate options

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry89

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know there are members that love the Brunnings coir bricks, but I find they are dusty and quite fine and I have noticed remnants in one of my reptiles vents recently and it has me worried about infection etc...

I was hoping to see if anyone has discovered a grail product between the bricks and the Critter Crumbles/Comfort fine grade since the last time this topic was raised, that can be bought in bulk? I love the fine grade crumbles however for the price, it gets a little steep long term.

Thanks guys.

I can recall reading on here some time ago that someone was using wood chips(?) from Bunnings. I do not recall the type though and you certainly would not want pine.

My main concern would be accidental ingestion of something a little too chunky from a mix like that but perhaps it is unfounded.

Hopefully you can get a clear answer.

Hi All,

I know there are members that love the Brunnings coir bricks, but I find they are dusty and quite fine and I have noticed remnants in one of my reptiles vents recently and it has me worried about infection etc...

I was hoping to see if anyone has discovered a grail product between the bricks and the Critter Crumbles/Comfort fine grade since the last time this topic was raised, that can be bought in bulk? I love the fine grade crumbles however for the price, it gets a little steep long term.

Thanks guys.
I have heaps of same stuff as critters crumble fine grade just no fancy name tag. They are in pressed bricks of about 40-50ltrs. Long story short I bought a couple pallet loads off a mate and have more than a lifetime supply. Iv been selling them for $20 a brick and about $12 express shipping or about $9 standard shipping. Ill attach a pic of the stuff

5872048e9affbf80ab5e3287a50c2e0c.jpg

Thanks @Flexxx, I will flag this post and keep that in mind, it looks a little chunkier, but definitely safer than the dusty pulp coir bricks from Bunnings. I might venture out and try cypress mulch (pure) for this clean out and see how I feel as that appears to be a commonly used alternative for other python keepers who don't enclosure feed. Like most women, I like to use what I am happy with and gives my animals (and myself) the least issues possible... Much appreciated!

Back