Compilation of pythons striking

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the woma was quite calm and collected when it launched for it's tucker much unlike the olive.

For novices like me I learn't a good lesson from that vid.

First snake = woma or similar! :oops:

Silverbeast - I have only really started to get into them recently, I didn't know they had toured... Would be pretty awesome to see live I think. I'm going to see Lamb of God and In Flames next Tuesday night :)

It was awesome! They toured with tesseract. Lamb of god are pretty awesome live too.

Periphery are awesome guys too. very friendly and keen to chat. I got an hour long in person drum lesson from their drummer too which was unreal.

Reptalica - best way to not get bitten is to clearly distinguish between feeding time and handling. Usually this is enough except for the most food orientated :p I personally think that womas are an excellent choice for a first snake. They are the most placid snakes to handle that I have, and the only ones I trust in the arms of non-snake friends when they ask if they can hold a python... Although, like any species, I'm sure there are some crazy ones out there :p

Very true Malley. Like any reptile or animal for that matter it can depend on the day. I have been eyeing off the Uluru Woma's from SXR. Apparently they have some at the moment and if I can land a yearling that's feeding well I'd think I was well on the way. There was a thread on these somewhere on the forum.

Silverbeast - that sounds like an amazing experience! I would definitely be keen to see them live. I have seen LOG before when they toured for wrath, but the fact that in flames were supporting them decided it for me :p

Reptalica - good luck with your pursuit for your first snake. I can also recommend southern x reptiles too. I have gotten two pairs of womas off them in the past and they have been excellent to deal with.

...The olive bite wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. That happened a few weeks ago...

I got a bit of a shock my self, it was so quick I didn't realise what had happened! (I had to replay that bit a few times).
Is she always that nasty? Are Olives generally like that?

I've just saw a big(ish) Olive at Lone Pine zoo, when I took my kid there on the weekend... can you imagine all those kids poking and tapping them and one turning on them? *****!

I hope she has calm down though - you seem to have your hands full

great video - the little one missing the pinking reminded me of mine latching on to my finger before i got tongs, definately heading toward getting a woma for my second snake after seeing their polite feeding :) thanks for the laugh

Is she always that nasty? Are Olives generally like that?

Hi rvcasa, my olives have always had a very strong feeding response. When it is necessary to handle them, I don't let them tongue flick my skin, because they have previously latched on after tongue flicking for a bit.

good video although there supposed to strike at food not your arm :D

Wow ! That is a nice collection you have.

Oh, & Ouch !!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back