Configure Reptilre One Atmostat - help needed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamat

Reaction score
Configure Reptile One Atmostat - help needed

Hi All,

I just purchased a new enclosure for my Bredli Carpet and got with it a Reptile One STS1200-3P Atmostat.
When reading the instructions it all made sense, but trying to get it to actually work the way I want is proving difficult.
For some reason I cannot get the timers on each channel to work and the initial day mode doesn't make a lot of sense given you can specify individual times for each channel.
Has anyone had any experience with these and could point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Shamat

Last edited:
Hi!

I also picked one of these up today and I am not up to speed with it yet. It seems like you can't run one heat source and have a day and night temperature difference which is a real bummer. I don't want to have to run 2 different heat sources for day and night. Anyone got any experience wight this model thermostat?

Cheers,

Mark.

The problem with the increasing interest in reptile pets is that the sellers of absolutely useless paraphenalia are having ball selling all sorts of nonsensical devices to relieve new keepers of their dollars. The "KISS" principle is still very much the one that successful keepers & breeders stick to - one suitable heat source, probably a thermostat, and a decent bowl of water. Cheap, reliable, and all you need to keep most Aussie pythons and other reptiles in peak condition. Fan lights, humidifiers, and all the other crap marketed to new keepers as essential, if not potentially dangerous, are actually totally useless as husbandry aids.

Jamie

From what I've been able to work out there a 3 "channels"
Channel 1 - Temperature and Timer
Channel 2 - Temperature and Timer
Channel 3 - Timer only

I've set mine up where Channel 1 runs my basking light during the day (08:00 to 18:00)
Channel 2 running a heat mat (running 24 hours as I can't seem to get the timer to go past midnight (this was the only work around I could find)
Channel 3 running my UVB light from 6:00 to 20:00

I'm still waiting for the dealer to come back to me with how to make the time run past midnight (e.g. 20:00 to 08:00).

I do not think there is any way of having day and night temperatures on a single channel.

Hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with the increasing interest in reptile pets is that the sellers of absolutely useless paraphenalia are having ball selling all sorts of nonsensical devices to relieve new keepers of their dollars. The "KISS" principle is still very much the one that successful keepers & breeders stick to - one suitable heat source, probably a thermostat, and a decent bowl of water. Cheap, reliable, and all you need to keep most Aussie pythons and other reptiles in peak condition. Fan lights, humidifiers, and all the other crap marketed to new keepers as essential, if not potentially dangerous, are actually totally useless as husbandry aids.

Jamie

I tend to agree with some of the more exotic "devices" however a combined time/thermostat with multiple channels is convenient. One device (once configured correctly) has many benefits, especially if you have multiple enclosures and want all the lights in sync etc. This being said, I am currently building a new "wall" of bank style enclosures and have wired each enclosure with its own dimming thermostat for the heat source and will be using one timer on the wall to control all the lighting.

Yeah I'm taking mine back for a refund it doesn't do what I want it to. My microclimate is perfect you just have the uv on a timer and the thermostat does the rest. I agree Pythoninfinite it only needs to be simple.

Cheers,

Mark.

Whilst I am a bit of tech freak.....I am with Pythoninfinite on this one also.

I started out with supposed 'clever' thermostats and have found I can do just as well by keeping it much simpler, and save a few extra $$ for items that I REALLY need (Like my next snake purchase....or that new residence that I will need if my wife carries out her threat after my last snake purchase!!)

Bart, it's great to know I'm not alone in the wife threat dept :)! I know if she spotted me coming down the drive with a snake bag I'd hear the shotgun being cocked long before I got to the house...

Jamie

Just got an ATC-210 for $50 less than the Atmostat. Does everything I want perfectly it's been holding my hot spot to within .2 of a degree for the last 3 days. STOKED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back