Cooling N. asper for breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timportas

Not so new Member
Reaction score
How imperative is it to cool Neprurus asper for breeding? For those that do what regimes do you use?

Thanks,

Tim

I am not sure about Asper, but i did not cool my Levis levis last year and they bred successfuly.

I would be also interested in hearing what or how some Far northern breeders achive this as our winters are not as cold as southern winters so this is alot harder to achive.

Timortas: As far as I am aware yes it is important to cool before breeding and there is many much info out there on how different people do this. I think its a matter of what works best for you as well as where you are situated in the country. There was a really good artical in this months Scales and Tails mag that should be still at your local newsagents about a cool regimes for all geckos.

Thanks Chadleystar. I have the article you refer to and most other recently published information. I guess that I was specifically interested in how people manage their N. asper which don't seem to be mentioned specifically very often. Given their distribution there are parts of their range (i.e. Cape York) where I would imagine that there is relatively moderate temperature changes over winter. I have 1.3 animals that should breed this season. They have been cooled but not to the extent that some others have recommended so I was interested to see just how much of a temperature drop others have used.

Thanks,

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back