Couple of Beardy Queries...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

juggalette

Hey everyone,

Just noticed lately that my bubby beardy has been changing colours...is this normal? Usually in the morning he is very light coloured with bits of a bright yellow colour...but then in the evening he is very dark, a browny-grey colour. I am just finding this to be very bizzare.

Also I have been wondering if it would be suitable to feed my beardy termites (white ants)? I have found a rather large colony on my property in a pile of old fire wood logs (no poisons used on my land btw) and I just thought, 'hmmm, Moses would probably love something a bit different in his diet'. I know they probably eat them in the wild, just curious to know if it is a wise move to collect some to feed to my baby Moe?

Thanks guys! :)

changing colour is perfectly normal. mine are always changing colour (except mine are darker in the morning when they start basking, then lighten up as the day goes on). i think its just to do with how much heat they are wanting to absorb. they also change colour when coming upto/just after a shed. so thats fine. i am not sure about the termites though, as long as there is definitely no poisons on the property, and the ants aren't poisonous or anything, i don't see why not, but i don't have a clue...

ive done it.. they love em....

just break off chucks of timber with a few white ants in the chuck and stick it in the enclosure in a plastic dish....
mine go ape ***** for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back