Couple of shots of our new little Blue Phase GTS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HonestPirate

Reaction score
Thought we'd share.

Not sure if it's a he/she yet- praying for a BOY so we can put him over our big Golden Girl (now named Betty White).

This guy is gonna be magnificent when he gets older. Great to handle and super inquisitive. Already smashing fish and pinkies.

YES- PINKIES !!!!!!!! ( bring it haters :evil: )

So enjoy the pics and try and not let this degenerate into a debate over pinkies vs fish vs Superman vs God vs YOU !!!!!!

393598_278629058836855_100000692891082_869222_500661655_n.jpg

379160_278629132170181_100000692891082_869224_1400610778_n.jpg

317078_278629105503517_100000692891082_869223_867583072_n.jpg

Last edited:
Are these gts Quite placid and good to handle as a species or did you get lucky? also do they smell? i wanted one when i was younger but got told they smell when scared and not to get one? or is this all bs? great looking snake,

Toby

Stunning I'm growing more fond of these guys every time I see them.

Cheers Brenton

Hiya Toby, cheers...

As far as handling- they arent snappy at all as a species- but they are FULL ON wirey; like they constantly move around when being handled; super fast movers. Not exactly great for chilling on the lounge with a snake around your arm like carpets.

I still havent copped the smelly skunk thing; but it IS true that they can omit a foul odour when threatened,,..

They poo ALOT more and get fed almost daily, so yeah there is more to clean up and they have quick metabolisms so yeah the cage can get stinky if you don't clean it regularly like we do ! We have to keep things clean as though as we share living room space with our zoo..

Probably not ideal as a first snake; but beautiful to watch, heaps of personality compared to carpets, and actually quite people friendly Ive found...but then again we wouldn't own anything that isn't human-friendly cuz we have kids that wanna play with them all the time... So, all in all; maybe I just got lucky, or maybe snakes are a reflection of their parents and their upbringing, just like humans.

'He' is gorgeous! We have seen a few of these now in the bush near home, they are always very quick to get up the trees when they see us coming though! Very cute!

Hiya Toby, cheers...

As far as handling- they arent snappy at all as a species- but they are FULL ON wirey; like they constantly move around when being handled; super fast movers. Not exactly great for chilling on the lounge with a snake around your arm like carpets.

I still havent copped the smelly skunk thing; but it IS true that they can omit a foul odour when threatened,,..

They poo ALOT more and get fed almost daily, so yeah there is more to clean up and they have quick metabolisms so yeah the cage can get stinky if you don't clean it regularly like we do ! We have to keep things clean as though as we share living room space with our zoo..

Probably not ideal as a first snake; but beautiful to watch, heaps of personality compared to carpets, and actually quite people friendly Ive found...but then again we wouldn't own anything that isn't human-friendly cuz we have kids that wanna play with them all the time... So, all in all; maybe I just got lucky, or maybe snakes are a reflection of their parents and their upbringing, just like humans.

I own a few lizards and stuff now so daily cleaning and feeding isnt a problem and anything active is always fun. I think one of these has to go on my wish list. Now all i need is more room lol. cheers for the reply.

No worries mate. These guys live happily in a three foot enclosure with LOTS of branches- they don't spend too much time on the substrate. I know a bloke selling a Golden Phase anyway if someone is interested, PM me and I'll put you in touch with him.

One more:

attachment.php

Last edited:
awesome animals...... I removed a wild one from the house once was really easy to handle... fast as you say but never even threatened to bite.....

A mate of my old man had one in a tank for a few months when I was a kid and it calmed down quickly, but always very alert and moving around when handled as HonestPirate said. I've caught plenty on snake calls and while they're very reluctant to bite I've copped the smell thing more than once and it is NASTY!

I've only ever caught one blue phase, what incredible animals! Good for you!

Yep- and that is why it pays to have your HERPTRADER, AHC, APS and Google on Speed Dial kids !!!!!!

Thanks mate- thought I would have to wait ALOT longer to find one, but it kinda just fell in my lap (not literally) ;)

REALLY hoping it's a HE- he is tiny compared to our Golden Girl, but would love to see what colours they can throw if paired up.

Funny how one of the most common snakes around these parts (next to Coastals) can be the most beautiful. Only kinda discovered how cool they are recently, now I'm just fascinated by them.

Woah 'he' is just gorgeous! Congrats on the new critter.
One of these has been on my wish list since I saw one in Feb.
Didn't know about the stink thing though.
More research must be done before one enters my home.
Great pics, cheers for sharing.

Beeyootiful, I love gts's and I've relocated dozens. No bites (just warning head butts) and they've never done the stink thing with me. I got shat on by a big olive I was mustering for a group of students and that took 3 days of continuous scrubbing to remove the stench. More than just poo in that rejection of my advances!

You must be a bloody happy chappy I'll bet. They certainly do get a wriggle on. I wondered if that reduced in a captive born specimen but obviously not.

ENJOY!

..... and that took 3 days of continuous scrubbing to remove the stench. More than just poo in that rejection of my advances!

awww its gonna take me all night to get that image out of my head Thanks Steve hahah

Is the plan to go 100% pinkies? or still a combination of guppies and mice? my new one is due for a feed wed and im gunna
have a try your way as per the pm you sent me. Im still trying to work out this forum setup and will post you some pics when i sort it out!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back