Crab Died... Or Did It?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I got home from uni today (studying.. shoot me..) to find one of my little crabs lying on it's back between two rocks. This thing had been acting weird for a few days.. Sitting really close to the surface and waggling his legs all funny-like, so I figured he was on his way out...

I was very sad and went to pick up his body. When I got it it was completely hollow, and the back part of it was open like a hinge. I looked around and there was a brand new crab (complete with two regrown legs) brandishing his little claws at me!

He moulted! Hooray :D!

Last edited:
Damn I threw the shed into the hedges 'cause it was kinda gross and flimsy. Will try and find it tomorrow to get photos of it!

Here is a photo of the new crab. You can kinda see 2 new (they're whiter) legs.

This is the worst photo I think I've ever taken. Taken photos of things underwater is damn near impossible without proper light.

new.jpg

Cool

My Yabbie did that to me all the time,

I could never find him just his shell, then a few hours later when I'd go to get rid of what I thought was his body I'd find him sitting there eating it.

hah thats a cute storey, i like it:D ive always loved hermit crabs, they are so dang cute!

Yeah he was hungry. Ate a cricket and a stray millipede today!

thats heaps cool! i never really thought about what they would eat but makes sence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back