crickets in my beardies tank + hello

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Reaction score
Hi guys, just discovered this site the other day and it looks great and i have already got some great information of it looks great, I
have a couple of beardies, no snakes (yet), but i have a quick question.

Tonight i found some crickets in the beardies tank they must have escaped from my breeding box (have to do something about that) they must have gone into the tank because its warmer there or something, but i dunno, coz i feed in a seperate tank. anway.

i dont know how long they have been in there, could be a couple of days but, do you think i need to get all the sand out of their and wash it out or heat it up incase they laid eggs?? i dont want hundreds of little crickets hatching and eating at my dragon without me knowing?
this happended to anyone before?

welcome! this site is great somone will answer you just not me...:D(cause i don't know!)

Hi Troy and welcome to the site. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just remove the ones in there currently then keep an eye out for anymore. If you do find a couple hundred babies running around in there in a few weeks, then it might be a good idea to give the cage a thorough clean out. Or you could just throw a gecko or two in there and let nature take its course :wink:

Hi troy welcome aboard :)
i wouldnt be too concerned about being plagued by crickets, If u r worried put some veges in the enclosure, the crickets would prefer that to a tough lizards skin, and the beardies would eat some too probly.

Or you could just throw a gecko or two in there and let nature take its course
yeah im sure the beardies would love a gecko snack :wink:

If you had some nice crevices setup it could work. I used to keep a Nobbi, a Cunningham's and a Broad-tailed Gecko together in a 6ft x 2ft cage many years ago. They got along great, well the Cunningham's & Nobbi did, they never had the oppurtunity to meet the gecko, except when they were sleep walking of course. I have a photo somewhere showing the Nobbi and Cunningham's basking together, i'll scan it and post it when i get home - they were best of friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back