Crickets laying eggs in gecko cage?????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tevalo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a thick tailed gecko on red dessert sand. A feeder cricket that was in his cage started to stick its behind into that sand next to the waterbowl and lay eggs. Should i be worried and do breeding crickets and their eggs cause any harm to my gecko or even me. Im going to clean out the whole enclosure tomorrow. Is there a way i can prevent them from breeding?

Yeah there is usually a very easy way of making sure the crickets don't breed. Don't incubate the eggs if you're in a colder state or just remove any moist sand inside the enclosure where the crickets may of have laid the eggs.

The little buggers do it in my gecko's cage do. Just change your substrate every 2 weeks and they dont get the chance to hatch. I hear if they hatch they can be very annoying to the gecko and can even take little bites from them.

dont cricket eggs die if they dry out, i found they were the hardest things in the world to breed,..(ok, slight exaggeration, but they do need certain conditions)

Only feed him what he will eat in 10 minutes every day or so.
Don't leave any crickets in his cage that were not eaten and you wont have this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back