Crickets without back legs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

solitarydiver

Not so new Member
Reaction score
G'Day :oops: I am really embarressed about a stupid questions but here goes...... How long do crickets last without back legs I am thinking about feeding the EWD babies by letting the crickets go into thier home but I don't want them to clog up the place and pollute it?
or how do you guys feed individuals without getting them out all the time which I have been doing IT WORKS but sometimes a pain in the RRRRs
THanx in advance GAZ

i use a tub that i tip toward the lizard giving them one at a time, that way if one escapes i just quickly pick it up and put it back in the container, saves them taking over the cage.

Or squishing their heads would probably be more humane...?

mine want eat in a tub so i just throw crix in adlib daily, crix dont hide for long, just minimise hiding places for a few hrs when you put the crix in. :wink:

you can also put a small handful og dog kibble or just fresh cut carrot in aswell, keeps the crix busy in one place, makes hunting for little lizards easier. :)

MrBredli said:
Drown the crickets, then offer them on a dish.

Thats an interesting idea. But Ive found that young WD find kicking crickets more attractive.

When i get crickets out i pick at them one at a time from the container with a pair of teezers (grab them by the legs or females from their ovipositor), sounds slow and tedious but once you get the hang of it, its actually quite efficient. If you feed the EWD by dropping them in the water dish the crickets spend sometime swimming around in the water, which is enough time to attract the EWDs.

Heaps of great ideas THANK YOU guys/gals I will try all of these and find the one I am happy with 8) This is an excellent forum Hip Hip Horay to the bosses and all the supporters :idea: the idea that I can ask silly questions and no one really knows me is great.........Keep Up The Good Work!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back