Cross??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last pic??

Most barbata aren't colourful.. He just looks a little underweight thats all.. Looks like acentral headshape... The beardie is just needs to put on some weight :) (He probably is underweight from breeding... Males often go off ther efood trying to mate the females ;))

Most barbata aren't colourful.. He just looks a little underweight thats all.. Looks like acentral headshape... The beardie is just needs to put on some weight :) (He probably is underweight from breeding... Males often go off ther efood trying to mate the females ;))

and I suppose you know this because you have kept and bred both species???? :lol:

the last is definately and eastern, that is just how they look, they have a longer narrower head then centrals aswell (not that I have bred beardies either :lol:) I have kept like 3 easterns, and 5 centrals before, they are queit easy to tell apart, also seen piles of wild eastern beardies and when I was younger we saw centrals in NT

The last pic has an obscure camera angle which may give the impression of a longer, narrower head.

and I suppose you know this because you have kept and bred both species???? :lol:

the last is definately and eastern, that is just how they look, they have a longer narrower head then centrals aswell

I guess you have too aye :);):lol: Mate jaysnakes is pretty reputable for his snakes and dragons.. I don't think he would cross... the male could be a barbataXcentral anyhow.. Been lots around.

Did you try talking to the person who posted the for sale thread? Maybe they would be able to shed some light for you...

if you wanna know for sure, ask for in mouth shots of both parents, yellow, its an eastern, pink, its a central

Not realy accurate. Even since i stopped feeding all my stuff wild caught insects and feeding em woodies they have started to get pink mouths. This goes for jackies and eastern beardies.

Not realy accurate. Even since i stopped feeding all my stuff wild caught insects and feeding em woodies they have started to get pink mouths. This goes for jackies and eastern beardies.

but howcome wild centrals have pink mouths? and howcome people keeping easterns that are fed captive bred insects have yellow mouths?

but the beardies might be both centrals, could just be a wierd looking one, I am not beardie expert:lol: I just think it looks a lot like an eastern

Mudimans said:
Did you try talking to the person who posted the for sale thread? Maybe they would be able to shed some light for you...

Exactly what I was thinking.

The last picture looks exactly like my bearded, and he's a central. But yes, they both look very thin.

I'm not sure but myself and a large dragon breeder in vic has experienced the same thing. (mouths turning pink) Now that its getting warmer they will be getting alot more insects. E.G. moths, grasshoppers, crickets etc. Will keep everybody informed to see weather its to do with diet or may by they only use it to display to predators and they longer feel the need to have it or feel stressed?

yeah i agree with that i have been breeding jackies for years and they dont always have yellow mouths, comes an goes on some of them.

I'm not sure but myself and a large dragon breeder in vic has experienced the same thing. (mouths turning pink) Now that its getting warmer they will be getting alot more insects. E.G. moths, grasshoppers, crickets etc. Will keep everybody informed to see weather its to do with diet or may by they only use it to display to predators and they longer feel the need to have it or feel stressed?

thats pretty interesting, if that is true, that is pretty cool. I thought it was cool they could just change colour, but changing mouth colour aswell is awsome. still to distiguish them apart, easterns have a longer, narrower head, while centrals heads are queit broad, also the spikes on top of easterns heads are in more of a V shape then centrals (the spines at the back of the head)

Actually he was trying to sell me that beardie for $150.. I got a pic of it front on. It's on my phone I could probably send it by mobile but don't know how to upload on computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back