Crossing Doulble White Lines

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police are to a degree exempt from road regulations whilst doing their job. Taking a photo will only result in antagonizing them, resulting in more perceived unfairness.

i can understand if they were chasing someone but they clearly weren't in this case. how are they exempt from certain road rules when the offender was compliant?? it's a 2 faced system. same goes for cops that use the sirens for getting through traffic when its not an emergency.....load of bollocks!

i can understand if they were chasing someone but they clearly weren't in this case. how are they exempt from certain road rules when the offender was compliant?? it's a 2 faced system. same goes for cops that use the sirens for getting through traffic when its not an emergency.....load of bollocks!

For all we know he was hooking a u turn to respond to an emergency call. Granted it should have been done under lights and bells though. I was an SES volunteer for a long time, I've completed the EVS courses conducted by VICPOL and have driven under lights and bells. I see emergency vehicles doing all sorts of things that aren't recommended or permitted for that matter.

Oh, one more thing for the education coffin....

Responsibility....

We're so quick to blame someone else. The system... The roads....

But individually - we take almost no responsibility for our poor decisons in speeding, over taking in the wrong places etc etc...

Unfortuantely, education only teaches what to do - responsibility is what is needed to do the right thing....

Damn - still smarting over losing that last post... Anyway... I am sure I have got a point across that won't change one iota of a difference for anyone out there.... Even the cops that break the law and endanger us all (plus send the wrong education message).

Why is it that we can't say that stuff just happens. I'm sick to death of people whinging about the road toll when this stuff will happen anyway. People make mistakes ( it's in our nature ) and nobody's perfect. They make it out like it's alot of people who die on our roads but it's not all to do with speeding. Fatigue, Drunk driving, Medical problems, Road conditions and the list goes on. These are all factors when it comes to the road toll. OK I understand you should take it on the chin if you stuffed up but if you have done nothing wrong and have a copper who's on a power trip why should you take it.

As for getting you while you are coming down a hill, They can not do this. A fixed speed camera is not allowed to be placed on a hill and neither is a radar gun. You may ask to see the reading on the radar gun and you must be shown if you ask, This is the law. If the radar read 71 and she booked you for 74 she would be in breach of police guidelines.

Remember it's not all about speed and the road toll stats don't tell the whole story.................

Don't worry about losing your post Slim6y. I agree with you.
The road toll would still be really bad even if there was only one person killed on our roads, that one person could be my son or someone else's.
Like you said being responsible for your actions is very important, that is why I won't fight the fine and just pay it.
Common sense and patience is something else that is important but unfortunately some of us we are still learning regardless of age for some (me that is).

KR if i were you mate i would use that video no doubt about it. Ive spent hours and hours of spare time learning how they do pretty much everything and now im doing policing. When i was younger i dealt with them alot and was also into the car scene( still am lol). The things they have said and done on some occassions, you would not believe a cop would do. I know what your talking about with the bike rider getting off, ive got every single video the nsw police has ever released ( yea it got into an obsesssion lol) but i cant seem to find it right now but ill post it to you for sure. Ive also got a video of a guy that put a camera in his car after he kept on getting pulled over everyday, and he informed the cop about the camera. He was then told that it is illegal to record them ( By the officer) which btw is total BS. You can record whatever you want in a public place.
Since your into riding, see this Motorcycle crash filmed by NSW Police highway patrol car - YouTube . I know its unrelated but this guy slipped infront of a HWY Patrol .
Growing up i had to deal with them alot and we mostly never got along, but at the same time i wasnt rude and ive got a clean record with not a single dirty on it. So i decided to do policing, and make a difference through my actions and how i do things. I go to goulbourn this year.
BTW i'll find all these videos, i just need abit of time because i literally have hundreds and its going to take abit of time.... :)

Still wouldn't have changed that fact that I broke the law, I still would have got the fine.
But I'm looking for a good video camera for my bike and other adventures so I'll check them out, thanks.

QUOTE=Tahlia;2109287]Banjo:

Have you heard of the GoPro cameras? They're great quality and can be very helpful with situations like that one, as well as others. I'll be getting one to put on the bike I'm going to buy.

GoPro Products - Record & Share Your Most Memorable Moments

Couple of videos:

Quick Ducati ride using chest mounted GoPro HD Hero camera - YouTube

GoPro Camera Test #4 (motorcycle) - YouTube[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you'd still have the fine but it would have been an interesting video. I'm going to have my camera positioned in a place where the speedo is in view so I can't be accused of speeding or doing anything else that I wasn't... hopefully I'll catch some other interesting things on there as well, there's plenty of idiots in Geelong who have licenses, I could post videos of them :D

Contour hd has built in gps which will give speed I think whilst recording

One thing that I would struggle with recording the speedo it is very easy to exceed the speed limit, it would take so much self control, something that I struggle with when riding.
But if you have the memory capacity on the video camera I reckon you would capture some great footage.

The video i have is the guy having the camera in the back windscreen. It shows an unmarked police car with its headlights off( so he cant see them) following this guy through traffic at night. Then they turn their headlights on, and then their lights and sirens( When you turn lights and sirens on, in dash cop cam starts recording) When the cop walks up to the car, this dude tells the cop that he has a camera in the car and he put it because he kept on 'getting harassed', then the arguement starts and the cop starts talking crap about the cam being illegal( Not True) and gets the guy to turn it off. Still trying to find the bloody video, i really should sort them out into seperate files. Got no time lol

Last edited:
Love the video Banjo, lovely road to ride on :)

I think I'd cope ok with a camera seeing my speedo, I'm going to buy a little 250 Virago, I love those bikes which is good because I don't have much choice, anything with a higher seat than than is too tall for me :oops:

Thanks Tahlia, you will enjoy the 250 Virago they are great little bikes and easy to ride.
Enjoyed your video of the track days DarwinBrian, it is something that I definately want to do.

Enjoyed your video of the track days DarwinBrian, it is something that I definately want to do.
If you're ever going for a Sunday ride North side and want someone to come let me know. :p
Or if you have any trackday questions just send me a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back