Cryptophis nigrescens pics......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Joshin

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got bored so went for a quick squiz in the garden. It was late (4:30 this arvo), cold and overcast so i thought i had about as much chance of finding some herps as i did of scoring a date with Jessica Alba. Much to my surprise, underneath the 3rd rock was a healthy little Cryptophis nigrescens waiting for me. Here are some pics i quickly snapped off (and my sis). Sorry for the picture quality but i don't have my good camera at the moment so they were taken on an old digital cam in fading light. Enjoy!

Attachments

• C.nigrescens 1.JPG
    C.nigrescens 1.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 108
  • C.nigrescens 2.JPG
    C.nigrescens 2.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 70
  • C.nigrescens 3.JPG
    C.nigrescens 3.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 70
  • C.nigrescens 6.jpg
    C.nigrescens 6.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 82
  • C.nigrescens 7.JPG
    C.nigrescens 7.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 89
so u were luky enough to find the snake how bout the date with jessica alba lol

In your garden? Geez you got it too good! Lucky man!
Haha yeah i do have it good. As you can see from the pics with me in them, i do live close to the bush.......albeit that is in the backyard and i got this little guy, literally in the front yard facing the road in a rose garden, lol.

He was a healthy little specimen too!!

One last pic for the night.........i like this one because he looks so angry in it, mouth very slightly open. This was just after he had false struck at me.

Attachments

• C.nigrescens 5.JPG
    C.nigrescens 5.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 57
One last pic for the night.........i like this one because he looks so angry in it, mouth very slightly open. This was just after he had false struck at me.
Ok so i lied......i'm going to add a couple more!

Attachments

• C.nigrescens 8.JPG
    C.nigrescens 8.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 52
  • C.nigrescens 9.JPG
    C.nigrescens 9.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 57
  • C.nigrescens 10.JPG
    C.nigrescens 10.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 46
That snake is stunning looks like a RBB but no RB so is there such thing as a standard black snake?? Sorry new at herps ie. two weeks. Also as far as I know Jes just broke up with her man, u r so in with a shot.

That snake is stunning looks like a RBB but no RB so is there such thing as a standard black snake?? Sorry new at herps ie. two weeks. Also as far as I know Jes just broke up with her man, u r so in with a shot.

Yeah they are awesome looking little snakes. They can have pink/red bellies though so can often be mistaken for a red belly, heaps of people mistake them.. However, they have a glossy jet black head which is a give away and very small eyes (hence the common name small-eyed snake). The one in this shot has the classic cream/white belly though.

Also who is Jess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back