Cunningham skink info please lots of questions!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andy1990

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi everyone, now i have searched the form today been reading alot but still have some questions, my room mates cat caught a cunningham skink took me a while to get it out of the house (really hard to catch, fast) and then the next day the cat brought him back again! so i had words with the cat (i hate cats)... anyways hes was looking a bit under the weather (as you would to if a cat tried to kill you twice 2 days in a row) so i made a little house for him and hes looking ok so far but u can tell hes been in a fight with a cat (dam cats), his mum must be close by right???? how big do they get??? because i believe he is a baby because he is about 9 cms long, anyway..

i want to care for him till he recovers from this ordeal he has been put through you can tell he is very happy atm, i went o the pet shop and got him some meal worms and a strawberry, got him in a plastic box about 40cm long by 25cm and 30 cms tall lots of air holes and a 50watt daytime heat light, now comes all the questions..

1. how long do i leave the heat light on??? cos it feels very hot after a while! and i dont know if its to hot for him or not remember its a plastic box.
2. how often do i feed him? how much do i feed him? what do i feed him?
3. how old would he be? he is 9-10 cms long
4. how do i know he is healthy? is it by the thickness of his tail?
5. if i am caring for him (not keeping him) do i need a license? and if i was to put him back in the garden do i need to find where his mother is? as i read they are family dependent.
6. is my enclosure big enough and what should i have in it, i have photos below.
7. at night time is it ok to turn the heat light off, i dont want him to die of cold.

that's all i can think of at the moment any help would be great.

p.s after a while with the heat light on maybe 45-60 mins he will just go nuts and try and climb the wall is that cos its to hot for him or is that his way of saying i want out? only happens when the heat light is on.

asset.php

any comments?

bump.... anyone????

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Status