Cunningham Skinks Quiz

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spongebob

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Its Sat'day night and time for a quiz....
I got these guys fairly recently and I'm curious about their original locality type. They were sold as from the Sydney region, but I'm not so sure. Your collective opinions are welcome......
Bob

Attachments

• Cun Skinks.jpg
    Cun Skinks.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 153
hehe the one on the bottom right corners tail looks funny cause of the taildrop regrow.

i would say NOT from sydney area....

Yes he's currently about to shed so this regrowth is more pronounced. If not from Siderney then where?

slightly long and tapered snout, slender bodied with a longer tail, quite probably from Sydney.

Definitely from Australia. Anything more would just be a guess as there is a fair chance they could be mixed locality. Contact the breeder.

i reacon syndey sand stone like mine i can;t even get mine like that to get a pic ones quick as anything and one would be placid if i could get it and handle it

They look like a typical Sydney or more specific east coast Kreft's Cunningham skink. Definately not a New England type, but the form you have is very common around the Sydney and Hawkesbury area. I have found specimens very similar to yours in many places along the East Coast of Aus, as a matter of fact there is a rock ledge not 5kms from my place here in the western suburbs of Melbourne that has a colony of Krefts Cunninghams very similar to yours.

Cheers Rossco.

good question popped and as in "who wants to be a millionair" ask the audience help line the audience are saying 89% sydney area hehe ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back