Cunningham's skinks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they will be fine outside in vic.
as theres afew places down here were they live.
there great pets and very hardy

ok first off greeny1 that is a big beardie how many inches is that? and second anybody know about
cunninghams in an enclosure coz it gets cold where i live(wodonga, vic) and does anybody know a victorian breeder of cunnies

My breeding pair of Cunninghams have always lived outside, so do their babies. Give them enough shelter, rocks, logs, etc and they're fine. The only problem is making the cage 'baby proof'. Babies are easily able to escape through normal mesh. I'm lucky that most of this year's babies decided to live inside the cage instead of venturing elsewhere!

Think of it this way, they live naturally, in the wild, a few kilometres from where I live. There's no difference between the rocks in my yard and the rocks down at the creek.

all reptiles can swim for the day of birth and that pond is lined with gravel so they can easily climb out.
I've had three baby blue tongues die in water dishes no bigger than a normal dog bowl. I never knew I had any pregnant females in the enclosure, so I wasn't expecting the babies.

Now, all of my water dishes always have a rock in them, which takes up nearly half the space and allows babies to climb in and out.

Maybe those three babies were the only lizards who couldn't swim from birth, right?

Blue Tongues and Stumpys do not mix well with ponds. Do so at your own risk.

Just my two cents worth: My cunninghams has lived inside with my eastern beardie for about eight years now. Never had any issues to speak of!

ok cool, thanks guys. i am looking at making another big outdoor enclosure with a big pond. i plan on having water dragons, cunninghams, shinglebacks, turtles and maybe some jackys.
thanks again. anyone feel to post pics of your cunningham's on here, and their enclosures as well.
Ive got loads of pics to post on here, BUT (silly question) I dont know how to get the pics on, do they need to be resized for the forum can you or someone pleeeease tell me how to do it?? much appreciated thanku. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back