Cute and fluffy syndrome!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right - except I call it 'Happy Feet Syndrome' aptly named after the movie... if it's cute we save it....

I remember in the old country... A bunch of wild horses running wild in the middle of tussock land... Oh, did people get up in arms when the army (a local base close by) were called in to eradicate these magnificent beasts (now, I love all animals). But in this case the horses were destroying land that native beetles, and other insects were - and many of these animals were confined to just this small area. Including several very rare tussocks which were being trampled and destroyed by these horses.

I remember one Japanese fellow saying (after killing a whale) 'Think of all the krill we just saved...."

It is a syndrome, and a very real one... But it also happens amongst herpers - ones who believe in torturing toads and not dispatching of them quickly and effectively. So we're not void of the syndrome either... In fact in some cases it's reversed - cute and fluffy should be extinct....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back