Cyrtodactylus Louisiadensis Female Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ari

Reaction score
Hi All

Just took these pics of my female - she just recently laid again - currently have 6x eggs in the incubator. Great breeders if kept right.

Brilliant photos you've taken of an exquisite gecko. 8)

What camera did you take those with?

Nice gex pics. I dont know much about these lizzies but I thought ring-tailed geckos had quite thin tails??? I dont even know if I have my common name correct, so please forgive my ignorence :oops: :oops:

Hi there Troy,
Just wondered what is the best way to keep these critters. Obvoiusly they are large and jump a lot, so whats the best way of housing them. and what about heat and humidity?

Hi Spongebob

I have my pair in a 4ft long x 2 ft high x 1.5 ft wide aquarium with a mesh lid. Substrate is sand & coir peat mixed together, with various bark branches & cork bark for them to climb. I have a special hide in there enclosure which I have placed on a mound of sand & peat. The female always lays her eggs under the sand & peat within this hide. I dont really have a moist area as such but do spray once during the day & once at night on the glass on one side for humidity & drinking. Humidity is at 60-70%, with ambient room temp of 26-27 degrees. Hot spot during the day gets upto 30 degrees max on one side of the enclosure. I supply both UVA/UVB fluro lighting for them during the day & a small bowl of calcium powder which the female licks up. They lay hard shelled eggs - so calcium is very important. I feed crickets & crickets only, dusted depending on the day with calcium or other day Multivitamin powder.

When breeding I feed every night. Three most important things I have found is calcium, UVA/UVB lighting & temp/humidity.

Ari

Sorry everyone the camera is a Pentax Optio S60 6MP digital camera for around $300.

the camera is a Pentax Optio S60 6MP digital
Thanks for the camera specs Ari.

They're nice, crisp pics 8)

Good husbandry wrap there too.
I reckon that general set-up would suit most gecko species.

Olivehydra, your comnmon name is correct... Ring-Tailed Gecko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back