Dark Brownsnake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m.punja

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
:lol: Hi all. There is a pic in this thread I was reading of a brownsnake that is extremely dark. I have never seen or heard of such dark brownsnakes and absolutely loved it! I'd love to get one. Do people keep such nice brownsnakes? Better yet, where'd those eggs end up :p Please feel free to add pics or similar looking brownsnakes. :lol::lol:

nice point maybe yellowtamarin can help it was her thread

pseudonaja is the common scientific name for browns, pseudonaja textilis = eastern brown

G'day mate,

Unfortunately Peninsula Browns are very poorly represented in captivity. I am unsure if anyone is keeping them apart from Venom Supplies, who collected them on permit.

They are really cool snakes, and I miss working with them so much. In the future I hope to obtain a collection permit for them, but it is going to be a long hard road before I get there.

I keep two dark Eastern Browns. One of them is almost black, and is incredibly firey. He's not for sale though :)

Tommy, you are correct. "Pseudonaja" translates to "False Cobra" as Naja is the generic name for Cobra's, which are elapids just like Australias venomous snakes.

:lol: I have never seen or heard of such dark brownsnakes and absolutely loved it! I'd love to get one. Do people keep such nice brownsnakes? :lol::lol:
I've seen a few like that at a friends house. One was a western and one was an eastern. I'm not sure if he still has them. They look even better in the flesh.

I was waiting for your input mate. Cheers. got any pics?

Punj - Not as solid black as that, but I recently saw an elapid show by John Cann where he brought along a VERY black Eastern Brown with bright yellow ventral scales...psychotic too :D

I've got heaps, including a beautiful animal that was caught near Elliston that was covered in blotches and had vibrant orange between each scale. Unfortunately they are on another computer which I can't get access to at the moment.

Punj - Not as solid black as that, but I recently saw an elapid show by John Cann where he brought along a VERY black Eastern Brown with bright yellow ventral scales...psychotic too :D

Yeah, JCs black brown is a ripper, he usually uses it for his Sunday shows to show the crowd colour variations.

Jonno,

I kept infra's, My male was from cowell and the 2 females were from Coffin Bay

Cheers,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back