Darwin Carpet python eggs size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarwinBrianT

Reaction score
Hi, I just have A quick question.
What size tub should I buy to put a clutch of Darwin Carpet Python eggs in for an over watter incubation.

Cheers Brian.

It depends on whether you intend to incubate in a clump or separate them. They are roughly the size of medium hen eggs and you get at least a dozen in a healthy clutch.

Thank you, I've seen lots of pics but never a pic with something in it for a size reference.
I think I would like to separate them if possible.
I'm guessing you can't go too big with the tub?

Cheers Brian.

I like the Budget SIM's tubs, they have a raised lid for clumped eggs and there big enough if you choose to separate the eggs, they come with a tray for 100% water suspension. I'm very happy with them :) good luck.

Thank you Pythons Rule, I think I'll go with one of them. :)
Just one more quick question if I may, should I get two tubs and split the clutch into two tubs for a back up if something should happen to one?

Cheers Brian.

I think you should go the Large SIM's tub instead as it has egg dividers/stabilizers as well. I would of gone them if they where in stock, but I cant fault the other one though as I hatched a good number of both my clutches this season.

Cool, I'll see if I can get one when they come in stock. Should I get two tubs and split the clutch into two tubs for a back up if something should happen to one?

Cheers Brian

na there pretty tough unless you plan on having more then 1 clutch in the future. my big girl had 29 eggs this season and there was still plenty of room in the budget SIM's tub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back