Day and Night temps for Bearded Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pointing straight down, won't that make the dragon more likely to hide in the back corner (easily solved by replacing the baton I guess with one that can be angled).

It will be under the globe which yes will be in the back corner from the looks of it. Its up to you but you want the heat lamp to be as far to one side of the enclosure as possible so you get the best temperature gradient

Dont use a coil light for a uvb. They really aren't that good and can cause eye problems. Use a long tube light instead :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also it would be good if you had just a regular white house bulb in there to simulate day time. Beardies have a third eye on the backs of thier head, they cant see out of it but it acts as a sensor for light and dark.

- - - Updated - - -

>_< also lol, loose substrates arent the best for babies, as they lick everything and you dont want him to eat some of it and not be able to pass it. I'd use newspaper its safe and easier to clean. It doesnt look pretty but for a juvie i just wouldnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back