Death Adder Color form names

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I understand its not as simple as just Common names.
Acanthopis antarcticus Southern Death Adder
Acanthopis pyrrhus Desert Death Adder
Acanthopis wellsi Pilbara Death Adder

So my Question is what types are covered under. I was told they changed a lot and put quite a few under the southern Death Adder title what are they what can be legally imported to wa.
Acanthopis antarcticus Southern Death Adder

The 3 listed are the only allowed imports into Wa and able to be kept with a licence.
cheers

I don't think you can import anything into WA mate, only wild caught or locally bred for you.
Sorry I can't help with the death adders.

I don't think you can import anything into WA mate, only wild caught or locally bred for you.
Sorry I can't help with the death adders.
We can import anything on our keepers list except for pythons.

Purely IBD. Which they tell us can only be detected with a sample of brain tissue. We know other things carry it. But best to keep that quiet.
Its most likely an excuse to stop hybrids of carpet species coming in.

Sent some Dajarra adders the other week to a mate for nothing, cost him freight $80-ish, $100 a adder (3), import permit $30-ish & the new quarantine fee $56-ish! How could I possibly charge him for the adders. So any adders except praelongus.

Sent some Dajarra adders the other week to a mate for nothing, cost him freight $80-ish, $100 a adder (3), import permit $30-ish & the new quarantine fee $56-ish! How could I possibly charge him for the adders. So any adders except praelongus.
Think I know who got those. He wasn't impressed with the quarantine fees. And rightly so!

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I know who got those. He wasn't impressed with the quarantine fees. And rightly so!
Here is a joke for you, I run my own Aquarium shop. I order fish on a regular basis because the guy in the east sent a form and Quarintine lost it. The eel arrived after 5.00pm due to delays it cost me $450 to have a inspection done rather then loose $2500 on the Eel. So I feel people's pain with Quarintine.

Here is a joke for you, I run my own Aquarium shop. I order fish on a regular basis because the guy in the east sent a form and Quarintine lost it. The eel arrived after 5.00pm due to delays it cost me $450 to have a inspection done rather then loose $2500 on the Eel. So I feel people's pain with Quarintine.
Crazy! You going to add reptiles to your aquarium?

There is a thought of it, a couple I met the other day in town supply food better then pet shop prices locally they also do Reptile one, so I made a offer to them to put some stuff on the floor in my shop to help them out a bit they said they were looking at a Dealers Lience as well. I am looking at a Takers my self so I can Collect Tigers.

I'm going to attempt breeding them this year if my
Lience gets approved in the next week or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back