Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greggyf

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i try hard not to scare anyone with my snakes. i think a good snake keeper should try and be an ambassador to those "average" people who dislike snakes. don't think this guy agrees:

got this from http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24737971-1248,00.html
Townsville road rage driver threatens woman with snake

By Malcolm Weatherup
Townsville Bulletin
December 02, 2008 12:05am

0,,6378205,00.jpg
Road rage ... a man threatened a terrified female driver with a snake after a traffic incident.

A MAN brandished a snake at a terrified woman driver and her children, claiming it was a death adder and she was going to die, the Townsville Magistrates Court has been told.
Jeffrey Leon O'Keefe, a 22-year-old stonemason, pleaded guilty to a charge of public nuisance and a second offence of the improper transporting of wildlife.

Police prosecutor Sergeant Greg Mobbs said the woman was driving along Palmerston St with her children when she saw O'Keefe's vehicle begin to pull out from the kerb.

She honked her horn to warn him, and continued on her way, but O'Keefe took exception to the incident and followed her.

He pulled alongside the woman at an intersection, and racially abused her, calling her a "black bitch".

The woman was upset by O'Keefe's confrontation so she followed O'Keefe to get his registration number.

But when she pulled over to write it down, O'Keefe stopped a little way down the road.

When he jumped out of his vehicle and started running towards the woman, he was holding a metre-long snake in his hands, yelling: "This a death adder and you're dead".

The woman told police she had been terrified and her children were screaming to have the windows wound up, so she drove off immediately.

When police traced O'Keefe through his registration to his Nathan St, Vincent address, they found four pythons at his home.

He was licensed to keep the snakes.

He admitted to police that he had racially abused the woman, and had threatened her with the snake, which was in fact a Bredl's python, only telling her it was a death adder to frighten her.

Asked why he had the snake in his vehicle, he said he often took it for a drive. That admission brought about the second charge, because the law states that the only two reasons snakes can be transported in public is to visit the vets, or when moving house.

Magistrate Laurie Verra fined O'Keefe $400 for threatening the woman and her children, and a further $800 for having the snake in his vehicle.

IMO,After that episode he shouldnt be allowed to own reptiles.

$400 and $800? Our legal system is a major joke, this guys obviously a hot head and a nut job, whats $1200 and telling him to go on his way going to do - nothing!!

Should at least lose his reptile license.

I will never understand how people can get so angry on the roads.

This guy is a real freak, nutter, when he goes to renew his licence they most probably reject it.
who really knows people get away with murder so ?

road rage, i think every one who drives will experience some sort of rage whilst driving through traffic, but some one pulling out a snake saying that its a death adder well one in 22 million.:lol:

yeah, and let's punish him more. let's ban him from keeping chickens, and why don't we take his kids off him. what else should we do to him?

all the above sounds like good ideas to me.. the guy is an idiot.

I think he could be a member on here too :lol:

Last edited:
I really don't understand people who take their snakes "out for a drive" it's not like a dog. I can just imagine a snake with it's head out the window, catching some breeze and sticking it's tounge out hahahah lol.

i think that that u have read an incorrect story. he was not inthe wrong at all and in this instance he used the snake to save many lives from a phyco woman and was prosecuted for just admitting to difusing a situation that was spiraling dangerously out of hand

i think that that u have read an incorrect story. he was not inthe wrong at all and in this instance he used the snake to save many lives from a phyco woman and was prosecuted for just admitting to difusing a situation that was spiraling dangerously out of hand

So it was you hey........................

imo Its the same person,same age same job,lives in Townsville.

imo Its the same person,same age same job,lives in Townsville.

even has a pic of the snake on his revision mirror. look at his profile:lol:

its pretty funny......one snake doing the gears, one on the stearing, one on the brakes, each side mirrors tale lights, maybe even on the excellerator.......:lol:

yeah his face book matches all the information.

cant be sure it is him but

LOL if it is.

hope he loses his license who ever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back