Death Adders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why do you want a death adder they're one of the most deadliest snakes in australia you're just crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you get bitten you have 30 minutes to live!!!

I think it is best you stick to your pythons Haydz. If you've never appreciated vens and their place in the bigger picture, you'll never get it.

With correct husbandary, handling, knowledge and respect a venomous snake can give you as much if not more pleasure then a python will.

It's a big world and it's a case of different strokes for different blokes/girls.
With experience comes respect of these amazing aussie snakes.

My 2cents

why do you want a death adder they're one of the most deadliest snakes in australia you're just crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you get bitten you have 30 minutes to live!!! and people have before an antivenom is available when they got bitten by death adders so why do you want one you idiot

newbies lol. (im one of them by the way...just not THAT new)

well said yommy.

Duke, if it's Deafies your after you could do worse than to email the esteemed Raymond Hoser. He is one of the leaders on this subject.

Haydz said:
why do you want a death adder they're one of the most deadliest snakes in australia you're just crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you get bitten you have 30 minutes to live!!! and people have before an antivenom is available when they got bitten by death adders so why do you want one you idiot

Not sure that is how I would put it. :( While I have no desire to keep (or even get close to - without a glass barrier) any Vens I can appreciate their beauty & place in our wonderfully diverse country. Everone has their own tastes & preferences.

No person is an idiot when they want to keep vens & is actively researching & getting advice. In fact the only time ven-keeping & idiot should be in the same sentence is when some twit decides to keep one without the proper precautions (eg. free-handling with no experiance) or couldn't be bothered to learn or ask quetions before they start! Just my 2-cents anyway.

Kath

Ps. Sorry if that came accross as overly defensive. I just don't like personal attacks on anyone here...It leads to bad feelings & brings down the whole site. :(

Ps. Sorry if that came accross as overly defensive. I just don't like personal attacks on anyone here...It leads to bad feelings & brings down the whole site.
Exactly K&S! No need to apologise for that statement, it is right on the money :)

Haydz said:
if you get bitten you have 30 minutes to live!!!

before antivenene 50% of death adder bites were fatal, and with the advent of antivenene there is almost complete reversal of bite symptoms/effects. This coupled with the fact that they wont strike outside their range makes them one of the safest aussie vens to keep. Beautiful too.

barkly.jpg

givemeamouse.jpg

profile.jpg

lure.jpg

sleazelure.jpg

Sleaze.jpg

Sleazeheadon.jpg

Sleazeface.jpg

PilbaraPythons said:
Sdaji
You have probably already been asked this here before, but what sort of camera do you use to get such great results.

I'd say its the photographer, not the camera. I've used "good" equipment before and mine are still less than average :( Maybe I need some of those sexy blue satin bed sheets :wink:

I've used a range of cameras with similar results. Any camera with a macro lens will do a similar job. I can't remember what I used to get those ones, probably either a Nikon8400 or a Nikon3100 (which aren't made any more). A friend of mine uses a Kodak camera and gets better marco shots than mine, but it's not his camera, it is his skill. I know people using Fujis who get pictures as good or better than mine, again, it's not the camera, it's the photographer. I've tried using my friends' cameras and the shots generally turn out pretty average. They use my cameras and the results are pretty average. When I bought my Nikon8400, my first hundred or so shots were completely crap, I thought the camera was no good, but then I developed an affinity for the camera and without knowing what I'd changed, I started getting some shots I was quite happy with.

We have a $20,000 Nikon camera in the laboratory I work in, I've spent ages using it and funnily enough, the pictures I get on my cheapest little camera come out a fair bit better than what I get on the super dooper amazing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back