Decisions, Decisions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what will they call some of those absolutely stunning selectively bred carpets that dont have Jag in them??

I guess whatever the breeder chooses to, but I guess they need to prove the way the genes are carried to be a true morph.

Whether or not they are 'pure' is irrelevant in this case

But whether or not a snake carries the Jag genes is very relevant

Mixing and matching was always going to take place
But any snake that has wonderful colours without the faulty Jag genes, dont deserve to be thrown in with Jags

i think if it is pure or not is relevant. It should be listed as what it is. If people did this then there wouldn't be any confusion if an animal has the jag gene or not. Plain and simple. The op claimed they were mds when they clearly aren't. Maybe md cross coastal or md cross jag or rpm.

My goodness! the man just tried to post some pictures of some snakes he's proud of, does this mean he needs to include a complete breakdown of everything in the snakes heritage? Surely the term rpm or jag implies some sort of "murkyness" I don't believe he stated they were pure md, he states they are jags, with md in them, let it go.
Pretty snakes Nev ;)

RPM is Reduced Pattern Modified a term used as a cover for jags when they were introduced.

So what will they call some of those absolutely stunning selectively bred carpets that dont have Jag in them??
If they don't carry the jag gene they are reffered to as RP or reduced pattern. RPM or reduced pattern modified implies that the jag gene is present.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back