Denisonia devisi

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BT

Reaction score
Hi all,
Does anyone have any info on Denisonia devisi and how they should be kept. Also if you know any breeders etc. the only info I have is from "care of australian reptiles in captivity.all I know is that they are extremely rare in captivity and crazy lil buggers.
cheer and Happy Australia Day
Blake

Hey mate,

They are held in captivity by only a few people. Unless you are good mates with the keepers, I highly doubt you'll end up with any - I've been trying for a few years now and no luck.

They are a lot easier to switch to mice than most other small elapids, and seem to be pretty hardy once they are firing on all cylinders.

According to people i know who have kept "mud adders", they thrash around and attempt to bite alot. Very hard to keep them on a hook apparently.

Like Jonno says they also get onto mice very quickly.

-H

Thanks for the replys
According to people i know who have kept "mud adders", they thrash around and attempt to bite alot. Very hard to keep them on a hook apparently.

Like Jonno says they also get onto mice very quickly.

-H

one of the reasons i wanted one because they feed onto mice quickly and they thrash around like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back