Devon Rex's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missllama

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
yea i get that alot of u hate cats now thats been noted none of u need to say it on this thread :)

Does anyone know where i may be able to get a devon rex in adelaide? if not in melbourne?

i would really like to get one in the next few months

im not a big cat fan, but i really love the devon rex's

also are male or female cats better? i have had one male and 2 females before and i wasnt sure if either sex are usually more friendly etc?

personalities come down to the individual really, though if you get a male, make sure to have him fixed/spayed/balls cut out as soon as the vet will do it, otherwise they're real **** heads

yea i wouldnt get a cat if i wasnt going to get it desexex
it will have all its vaccinations and get desexed

sean grow up and dont post on aps if your going to be so negative yes even i dont like most cats but theres no need to be posting crap on here.

if you don't like cats why on earth would you get one ? :? Devon rex are the most ugly things on earth ,they look like they have mange :shock:

id get a Sphinx or a Russian blue ,i think blue cats and dogs look awesome. especially pit bulls or amstaffs.

cheers Smoke.

maybe Lana just likes the weird stuff... she IS pretty weird herself :D

I think the devon rex are psetivle ugly alien gorgeous :D

we have a burmese here at my house.
now i dont usually like cats, but this burmese is awesome. apart from all the hair it leaves on my clothes that get left on the floor its the coolest little cat i have ever known. it plays fetch with its feather toy thingy haha, its hilarous. When i finally buy a place instead of renting i am going to get a bengal kitten too, they are mini-leapards very very active, and very very cool.
but, a friend of mine has one of those devon rex's i dont really like them, they remind me of a foreskin.

also- you realise that devon rex's are nearly a thousand dollars from memory.

I wanted devon or cornish rex too, cos im allergic to cats but theyre apparently not quite as bad. They are around $400 or so by what i found, and people told me they arnt very cuddly/social cats. I didnt find it all worth it when chances are ill be allergic and have to hock it off.
Im going to find maybe a longhair but regular tortishell kitten for next to nothing and try to stop it grooming itself too much and see how my allergies go, so ill keep the sellers details incase it doesnt work so i can give it back if they still want it.

we got my mother a cat for her birthday from a pet shop in Logan. hes grey and white, and he is fantastic. the cuddliest thing you will ever see. im not really a fan of cats either. but this one is different.

i doubt whether any breeder will do that midnightserval, the breeder we got our burmese from was very picky about who she gave her kittens to, and if you told them there is a chance you will bring it back i doubt very much whether they would be happy for you to take it.

You are going to try to stop the cat grooming? sorry to say but that is ludicrous, cats do that by nature no matter how much you don't want them to.
If you want a social cat, i could not recommend the Burmese any more. they love the attention.

BUT, all these expensive kittens require alot of time and energy. Lana, being in the position you are in with the child and all i think a devon rex would be quite a handful for you.

if you are allergic to cats, then don't get one.

We keep devon rex. We have a desexed pair. They are awesome cats. Extremely need and social once desexed.
Here are some pics.

P1020677resized.jpg

P1000363resized.jpg

P1000402resized.jpg

P1000844resized.jpg

Here are some breeders in SA Breeders Page

In regards to cat allergies. I am allergic to cat hair to the point where I get a fungal infection in my foot when exposed to their hair deposits. With the rexes I find that I have one flare up per year around the time when they lose their light winter coats. It is easily treated with a topical anti fungal.

Comparing this to the constant itching and skin crawling I get when I enter the home of a short hair domestic cat.

Hope this helps.

I just get sneezy, really sneezy. But there are a few cats i know that dont groom themselves as often and i dont have a problem with them at all.
Where did you get your Ewan? The SA breeder?

i like these better.....

Attachments

• sphynx-cat.jpg
    sphynx-cat.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 215
Smokey. Hook me up with a breeder who is easy to buy from and I am all about them.

Midnight. I don't sneeze so I don't know if a rex would cause you to or not. We got ours from a local breeder who I wouldn't recommend to anyone and another breeder in Sydney who I wouldn't recommend either. Cat people can be very strange.

Here is another pic for you midnight.

P1040778resized.jpg

is that a bengal, Ewan?

looks pretty big for a bengal, and has very big ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back