Devon Rex's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They sure do. We often talk about getting some more. Our girl is king of castle and it stresses her too much when we get a new one though. She was sold to us as being healthy and turned out she has incurable feline herpes. She has her ups and downs and gets medicated when her symptoms flare up. We decided to keep her and get her checked out rather than had her put down. I want to stress to you that this is a cat related problem not a devon Rex related problem.

wow im sorry to hear about that i knew about cat aids but not herpes is it common?

the lady said on the phone that once there desexed theres really no difference between the males and females

I'm not convinced. I have male and female Australian Mists that were desexed by the breeder before I got them at less than 5 months old. They are now 7 years old and, while their gender-specific behaviour is somewhat toned down from what I expect from 'entire' cats, he is definitely a tom and she is definitely a girl.

I don't know a whole lot about it. It is not like the human herpes virus and it is not transmitted in the same way. It is pretty much cat influenca which they vaccinate against. Make sure your kitten is vaccinated.

Ah ok, i might google it and have a read about it

have u ever heard of anyones cats having cat aids? i saw a cat on one of those animal rescues shows had it but i havent heard much about it supposedly its pretty common

I don't know much about feline aids either missllamatheun. Best to google it or ask your vet. I would imagine it is different to human aids.

yea i know u cant catch it or anything from them, i guess its like birds that have chlamydia lol i never knew that alot of birds had it until a guy in a petshop told me i thought he was joking at first... but there all different to the human version

haha ours is so in love with my girlfriend it meows and carries on when she is having a bath or shower, and the cat will actually jump in the bath with her or get in the shower, getting totally soaked, but not fussed.
Its hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back