Diamond mating question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ratsnakeroger

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Guys just posting for a friend as he and myself are unsure what is the procedure regarding Mating Diamond Pythons? What time of year do you stop feeding? What temps do you drop the enclosure to if any? What time of year do you introduce each snake together? Which Snake would you place in Male into female enclosure or Female into Male Enclusure? And if there are any other handy hints that people may have which would encourage your snakes to Mate with each other.
thanks Roger

No won know how to breed snakes i find this hard to believe this has been posted all day and not one reply I guess no one wants to give away secrets and Thought this was a sight for the enthusiast to learn about reptiles

I'm sorry that I can't help you Roger as I am only relatively new to this and have not had the experience of breeding as yet. However these are fair questions and surely the experienced ppl out there can help. TrueBlue, Pilbara, etc....

Stop feeding 2 weeks before cooling, making sure they defecate first.

Start cooling between june - aug.

Introduce the male to the female at this time.
Continue re-introducing on & off again (a few days together & 1-2 apart) untill copulation is observed than leave them together as they will continue mating frequently. Once no further interest is shown by the female, or ovulation has been observed you can seperate them...

I adjust my heating on a monthly basis to correspond with natural enviorment. I give a daytime temp, nighttime temp & a photo-period.

During the cooler months I use 5 hrs heat & day light with 19 hrs cooler temp & darkness.

Winter temps:
Jun 24 & 16*
Jul 20 & 16*
Aug 24 & 18*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back