Dimming or Pulse Proportional?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have ordered a dimming thermostat for a foam box incubator (to be run with a heat cord) is this going to be ok. I only just realised i had ordered the dimming one and not the P/P one.

I hope it will work just the same cause i dont have the deniro's to order another one!!!!! LOL

Cheers, Alan.

I couldn't actually figure out why dimming would not work with heat cords (I think they would) - though I think i realise why P/P wouldn't work with lights. (I hope i got that the right way around!)
If anyone could explain it that'd be great - been thinking about that myself.

I just checked p/p ones on urs site under "microclimate~new", has a spec sheet that might help
:wink:

Alan,
Your fine with the dimming stat, it's the best one to buy, it's cost's a bit more, but it will be of benefit in the long run, especially if you need a good thermostat to use with your globes when it's not being used for your incubator.
The P/P one is only to be used for non-light emitting heat sources, ie. heat mats and ceramic's, the dimmerstat can be used with both the light bulbs and mats, ceramic's.
Good choice !

Neil

Teamsherman said:
I have ordered a dimming thermostat for a foam box incubator (to be run with a heat cord) is this going to be ok. I only just realised i had ordered the dimming one and not the P/P one.

I hope it will work just the same cause i dont have the deniro's to order another one!!!!! LOL

Cheers, Alan.
You could proberly return it if you haven't damaged it

I think after what Neil has said i will keep the dimming thermostat as i can use it for other applications once the breeding season is over.

Cheers again, Alan.

Alan, as Neil stated P/P thermostats are not used for lights and are cheaper, whereas the Dimming Thermostats, which are dearer can be used for both lights and heaters. Just make sure you DID NOT order the dimmer with the magic eye. These are not suitable for incubators in the least. You need the standard model without magic eye for incubators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back