Dingoes?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my understanding dingoes are basically less domesticated dogs that dont bark, have better teeth and overall health, much like domestic breeds like african beorboels and various other purpose bred fighting/killing/hunting dogs they arnt suited to random idiots with no idea on how to look after what they are getting, much like most animals including many herps.

Unfortunetely our redneck govenment has banned as them pets and allows bounties of $400 or possibly more for killing dingoes and wild dogs. Even though they are an important predator in our ecosystem that helps control animals like foxes and cats.

3The only known pure dingoes left in Australia are on Fraser Island (although many people claim to own them.) The Gene pool known to both national and state research organisations is extremely small.

I would wonder at the word 'known" there. How many studies have been run and where? I have seen wild dingoes out in bush miles from any where in The Top End, could this mean that they may be pure but unknown to certain studies/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back