Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mareebapython

Reaction score
only feeding my snake at night for now on, hopefully then she will learn that she only eats when the lights are out so she can stop thinking my hand is her food when i grab her in the day time aha..

Its probably defense biting.... Does she grab hold and restrict or just tag you?

Prolly she is trying to work out if you could fit in her mouth yet :shock::lol: hehehehehe

Funny you say that, not sure how true this is but the missus came home one day from the salon one say and said, That a lady was telling them about her pet python and that she had it since it was a hatchling.
She then told them that she use to sleep with it in the bed it would just curl up and sleep in a spiral.
So few months/years passed on still kept doing it, then one day she woke up and the snake was stretched out she didn't know what was wrong so she took it to the vets and the vet said that there was nothing wrong but it seems like your snake was sizing you up.....

Like I said not sure how true this is but yeah.

I might feed at night give it a try, she's always unsure weather it's food time or out time. Have to let us know how it works out.

Funny you say that, not sure how true this is but the missus came home one day from the salon one say and said, That a lady was telling them about her pet python and that she had it since it was a hatchling.
She then told them that she use to sleep with it in the bed it would just curl up and sleep in a spiral.
So few months/years passed on still kept doing it, then one day she woke up and the snake was stretched out she didn't know what was wrong so she took it to the vets and the vet said that there was nothing wrong but it seems like your snake was sizing you up.....

Like I said not sure how true this is but yeah.

I might feed at night give it a try, she's always unsure weather it's food time or out time. Have to let us know how it works out.

Dude you've been trolled big time with this story. Its total garbage and one of those urban myths that just won't go away.

Dude you've been trolled big time with this story. Its total garbage and one of those urban myths that just won't go away.

And it keeps going, and going, and going, and mutating, and going, and.....

It can prolly see you better with the lights out, depending on the breed of snake.... you would look like a giant neon sign saying "insert teeth here":lol:

hey mareebapython i have an 8 month old bredli he refuses to eat during the day only tried once but yeah not interested at all they are nocturnal so they do nothing during the day sleep time then when the lights go out BAM he comes to life hmmmmm lights out dinner time snake hook when i want to hold him with lights on then yellow feeding tongs with lights out when feeding he just started to eat of the ground now so i just drop it in and sit back and watch.bredli's they are so placid and give you a bit of confidence in how to handle snakes still learning but great fun.now my green tree snake totally different story but thats for another day lol.

My bredli huffs and puffs coz I dared to disturb her.... once she notices the rat tho, her eyes get as big as dinner plates..... then she smashes it....:shock: after that, count fingers.... measure length of tongs (in case she bit them off)

I have only fed her at night.... thats just when I get around to it. Must try a daytime feed see if she takes it? She does sleep all day.... at night she is always doing hand stands and cartwheels around her enclosure :lol:

My bredli huffs and puffs coz I dared to disturb her.... once she notices the rat tho, her eyes get as big as dinner plates..... then she smashes it....:shock: after that, count fingers.... measure length of tongs (in case she bit them off)

I have only fed her at night.... thats just when I get around to it. Must try a daytime feed see if she takes it? She does sleep all day.... at night she is always doing hand stands and cartwheels around her enclosure :lol:
Same with my new coastal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back