disappointed with shop conditions...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Sentiments exactly Melissa:)
lol either way , what u did was illegal - they are the facts . u cant just release an animal because u think its wild caught [ or in this case the offspring of a suspected wild caught animal] . but as long as u think your doing the right thing then it must be ok?

lol either way , what u did was illegal - they are the facts . u cant just release an animal because u think its wild caught [ or in this case the offspring of a suspected wild caught animal] . but as long as u think your doing the right thing then it must be ok?
Arachnids are taken out of the wild every year by the hundreds because they have NO legal protection. So tell me how releasing a few back in to an area where they are native is illegal? If you are so certain this is fact, post a link to the legislation in question.

I work in an aquarium in the reptile department and it's sometimes hard to keep every extremly clean you will clean and change a mat and walk past a few minutes later and there could be a new poo. they should always have water but sometimes they become empty it happens . People should keep and open mind about aquarims because alot of them are good and the staff do care about the wealth fare of the animals

Arachnids are taken out of the wild every year by the hundreds because they have NO legal protection. So tell me how releasing a few back in to an area where they are native is illegal? If you are so certain this is fact, post a link to the legislation in question.
lol heres the link - a helpfull tip page 4 " Taking wildlife from the wild "
http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/CA256F310...pplication+for+a+Private+Wildlife+Licence.pdf

and dont even bother telling me its just a VIC thing ..... feel free to post up a link that says it legal to take Any wildlife out of the wild without a permit , or even dump/release wildlife back to the wild without a permit ....
either way u still cant prove your scorp came from the wild , u can assume but thats about it . ;) look on the bright side APS is never boring :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
The link just goes to a blank page. I went to the DSE site and couldn't find anything. The closest thing that I could find regarding their stance on invertebrates is a proposal for protection on certain threatened species (it's a start). There was not an Arachnid among them. Also if there is no law that prohibits it then it is legal, that is how law works. I sincerely wish there was a law that gave full protection to these creatures so there wouldn't be local extinctions due to the pet trade. Maybe I don't have 100% proof of their source but the alternatives are remote to non existent. I will take my educated guess over leaving them for mum to eat.

yea, i went to one in melb. not so long ago.. an actual reptile shop, which i had heard was great. was dissapointed. every viv had poo, not just one, but some up to four. and the three guys in the shop were just standing around talking the whole time. there is no excuse for this. i will never buy from there..

I think I know the store you are talking about. Not great. A lot of very unhappy looking animals in there. They seem to use coloured lights exclusively too, along with compact uvb bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back