Disgruntled Buyer ........ Very Poor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toad

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchased a trio (1m(3 year old) & 2 f (both 2 year olds)) of spotted pythons from a seller on this site. Well they were sold to me as a trio & this is the out come in short......

I received the animals on thursday the 2nd April. I was happy with them and proceeded to get them sexed on the follwoing sat (2 days later). I ended up having them sexed by two different herp keepers (one of them a Vet Nurse) I have ended up with 2 males and only 1 female. NOT HAPPY.

Will i notified the seller of this a day or so later................... no reply.............. I made contact on monday 14th again to see what could be done to correct the sexing/ sale error. I asked for a refund for the extra male.

Well I finally got a reply and in short it is along the lines of ' Well it happens and I have been sold snakes that have ended up not the sex i wanted and I had to accept it & there is not much I can do about your issue. Re sell it if you dont want it, or I can sell you another female.' Well Im sorry but I dont believe this to be a fair outcome to the sale and a load of rubbish.

I can understand if i had held the animals for a lengthly period of time and then had them sexed but a couple of days....... this isnt right.

I wont name the seller here but as I have stated to the seller if I am questioned i will provide all the information as required on his poor effort and behaviour as a seller. You know who you are :lol::lol::lol:

Disgruntled buyer.

Don't that sh...tya.......gggrrrr

I have learned to have them probed by someone I trust before I hand over the cash

Probing is not 100% accurate 100% of the time, but the attitude of the seller leaves a lot to be desired

Good luck
Sandee :)

I have a trio also ment to be 2 f m1 but iam sure i have 1f and 2 m, I have also puchased yearlings as a pair only to end up males. I keeped ringing until that was sorted out as it wasnt a small amount of money. AS with the trio i pick them up as hatchies so i have taken that one one the chin. In your situation he should replace the male with a female as it has only been a couple of days, I know if i was the seller i would, Some sellers dont care about anything execpt profit cheers

You are eligible by law to be refunded for the incorrect male, or to have the male replaced for a female.

If and when the seller reads this thread I think it'd be in your best interests to make the refund or replace the male for a female....

Toad, if you have no luck, contact small claims court or the ombudsmen in your area and they will soon put your mind at ease. It's quite simple, you need to know what you are selling so if you're just going to any old person to have them probed, get them probed by another person to make sure... Selling something no matter how small is still a legal binding contract, hence all the paperwork that comes with it... If I walked into JB Hi Fi and bought a 80GB playstation and ended up with a 40GB one they wouldn't turn around and say "well mate you've got it now and these things can happen.... you'll just have to live with it..." It doesn't work like that

Whoa - for those roasting this guy, it is hard to 100% sex Antaresia hatchlings,
I dont care how good you are, they are tricky sometimes,
Not as simple as supplying hard drives,

Its how you deal with the problem,
Good luck with it Toad, he should stand by his mistake,
Cheers
Adam

Ad they arent hatchlings............

Sorry to hear that!!! But can i say i would name and shame the dilprickle who did this to prevent it being done to others!!!!

What good would come of that? :rolleyes:

I have bought snakes from people which turned out to be the opposite sex they were sold as. I accepted it and its the risk you take when buying animals that you cant have probed yourself to confirm. Its not always 100%.

Whoa - for those roasting this guy, it is hard to 100% sex Antaresia hatchlings,
I dont care how good you are, they are tricky sometimes,
Not as simple as supplying hard drives,

Its how you deal with the problem,
Good luck with it Toad, he should stand by his mistake,
Cheers
Adam

I can appretiate that... But my point about getting a wrong product from JB HI FI is that a sale is a sale, and that mistakes can be made anywhere about what product is sold, whether it's snakes, cats and dogs, tv's, computers, cars.... But if a mistake is made, it is the sellers responsibility to correct it, not say "live with it"

What good would come of that? :rolleyes:

I have bought snakes from people which turned out to be the opposite sex they were sold as. I accepted it and its the risk you take when buying animals that you cant have probed yourself to confirm. Its not always 100%.

Just a query, how are you supposed to have it sexed yourself if it's interstate or hundreds of kms away?

I can appretiate that... But my point about getting a wrong product from JB HI FI is that a sale is a sale, and that mistakes can be made anywhere about what product is sold, whether it's snakes, cats and dogs, tv's, computers, cars.... But if a mistake is made, it is the sellers responsibility to correct it, not say "live with it"

Yeah no problem :) we both agree on that part,
Toad - if they were advanced animals then that blows my 'excuse', good luck with it
Cheers
Adam

Exactly, hence the risk you have to take. Some people guarentee the sex of the snakes for example Snakeranch, but not every seller does and sometimes probings do go wrong obviously.

I do sympathise with you though Toad thats a bummer. If its already transferred license though he can't take it back can he, because of the 6 month rule?

Exactly, hence the risk you have to take. Some people guarentee the sex of the snakes for example Snakeranch, but not every seller does and sometimes probings do go wrong obviously.

Nah i reckon that if you're sexing adult snakes then cmon, it's pretty hard to make a mistake (and if you're that retarded that you would make a mistake then the seller should have got it double checked with someone else).. Also unless the seller specifically said to the buyer "these snakes are not 100% sexed and they will not be refunded if the sexes are incorrect" then they are obligated to make a refund or replacement.
If snake sexes are given in a sale decription without saying it is not 100% then in this case the buyer has received an incorrect product, and must receive a refund or replacement... Plain and simple that is the law...

its a shame that its against site rules to name and shame the seller. it may of been an honest mistake by the seller (snakes could of been sold to them as the sexes that they sold them as) but a respectable seller would try and sort something out. i would report this seller to the site admin, im sure if they get a few complaints about this seller they will take action to stop this seller from using the site. tho this dosent help you. i guess you could buy another female and have 2 pair
you can PM the sellers name to anyone that PM's you asking

The dodgiest part on their behalf is that they are willing to SELL you another female, or at least what they think is a female...., sure, "it does happen", but it's also should be fixed by the seller, esp if they have the stock on hand. If your selling sexed animals, sell them as such, but back up your claim if your wrong.If your not 100% sure, say so, sell them as 90% sure it a male ect.. at least the buyer will be able to make up their minds if they want to take the risk

As he has another female he is willing to sell why wouldn't he be obligated to swap the male for the female as he advertised 1 male and 2 females. The way I see it he has confused his snakes at the time of pick up and given the wrong snakes.
You should take him to fair trading with all corrospondence to prove that he has actually got a female still for sale and get him/her for false advertising.

If people are nominating an animal they are selling as male or female then that is what should be supplied, if not a refund should be in order or a swap for the right sex, its that simple!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back