Disgruntled Buyer ........ Very Poor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats to say the male didn't tense up when being probed resulting in looking like they probed as a female? It happens sometimes.

Still i think the breeder should atleast offer to swap the female he has left for one of the males, or refund the cost of one of the males. The joy of it all, another reason why i prefer to buy locally, easier to resolve any issues. The only exception is if i have it in writing that sex is guarenteed and they do have enough hold back stock to swap over if need be, Snake Ranch for example do this and i am happy to deal with them because of it.

Last edited:
A lot depends on the line of snakes and how many scales they probe. I have had snakes probed by a pretty well respected vet and he probed one of my jungles as a male. I checked it when I got home myself and it probed 8 sub caudal scales. I queried the breeder and he stood by his initial sexing as female and told me not to worry, she will breed next year. He then explained how in that particular line it is not uncommon for females to probe 8 scales. Well "next year" was the season just passed and she laid 12 perfectly healthy eggs!!!!

It's very easy for some people who know next to nothing about a situation or topic, to get on here and start jumping on bandwagons calling for peoples heads.

Yeah, but there is a BIG difference between going back to the breeder, who stands by what they said and explains why and going back to the breeder who basically says tough luck and then asks the buyer if they want to buy another female, so they can get their trio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back