Dividing up an entertaining unit.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLKWDW

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
I have acquired a big entertaining unit from a mate for free. I currently have one murray darling python. I would like to get more. i many will i fit into the unit if i divide it up. Like can i divide the 3 different sections up and have another 2 or will i have to divide where the tv sits and make 2 halves and have one more snake?

Dont have measurement but can get them if that will help.

Where are you located? If in NSW the incoming minimum cage sizes will dictate what you can do. Personally I would make it one big cage.

I agree with Norm. If for a MD, one large enclosure would be better. It will give your snake plenty of room to move around and explore.

Not as an adult it won't, but if its only young it would be. If it is still only a young snake why not set up one side now and then expand the enclosure as it gets bigger/older? Take measurements of the three individual sections and then check them against the minimum cage requirements.

If you have 4 snakes with 4 cages you can have doors connecting cages so that when the connecting doors are open you get the advantage of the multiple snake calculation in the Code of Practice . If the cages are just under size for four individual snakes in four cages you open the connecting doors and the combined cage should comply for the 4 snakes combined. That will give flexibility for future inhabitants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back