Diy dome reflector

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kr0nick

Reaction score
Hi all I am making a screen top for my bluey and need a dome reflector does anyone have ideas in the diy department I don't want to spend $30plus on a piece of steel lol

i wouldnt worry bout it i dont have a reflector for my bluey just the heat light shining down and the uv light thru the day

If you must have one go to the Herpshop online

Ok thanks and bluey I don't want the lamp to fall and burn him do you have a pic?

yeh ill put one up tmw, and i just noticed your using mesh top so yeh actually a reflector would be good mines wood enclosure so my ceramic fitting is screwed in

I'm having this same issue..been looking aroud for the cheapest dome that will work but like u said nothing under $30

Na I am using a glass tank please don't flame me lol I was thinking a coffee or baked bean can cut to shape and rivited or something Along those lines

try a ceramic pot plant with alaminum foil coating the inside.

i have ibky used this for small spotlights however so not sure just how well it will go with an mvb or somet hing hardcore

I never tried it but could you use a stainless steel cooking bowl?

I never tried it but could you use a stainless steel cooking bowl?

Thats an awsome idea!! Hole saw through the top would allow for a light fitting, could even paint the top black with some high temp paint. I know how i'm making mine now.

The stainless steel mixing bowls work well! Thats all my mum used in her spotteds enclosure.

try a ceramic pot plant with alaminum foil coating the inside.i have ibky used this for small spotlights however so not sure just how well it will go with an mvb or somet hing hardcore
thanks alot loonytoon I did not even think of this I've been looking for cheap lamps I can Nick the shade off lol. I will try the pots

if drilling the pots use hole saw and drill bits made for metal and drip water on it so you dont burn it out , if you have the cash or some laying around any cement, tile, and diamond coated bits work well without the water. i burned out a few bits before figureing it out lol and now i use dads cement drill bit and a sand paper bit from my dremel to make my hides for my jungle (obviously i use ceramic potplants lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back