DiY herptarium/sunnner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

instar

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Been looking at Herptariums lately for my ewd hatchys to catch some sun.
Decided that at $70 each its DIY time! Saw this

At the reject shop ~$5

I will get netty to sew a peice of white shade cloth with a zipper over the open end......

Bingo $5 herptarium ! :D

Size2x1x1ft

I'll look for bigger sizes over the weekend!

Bit of shadecloth with a zipper sewn over the open end where Im pointing Bry. Imagine this sewn in with a zipper. :D

Ill post a finished pic over the weekend.

Exactly SSSnake, I had that in mind for my GTF too! :D Ill have to cover one end though for shade and keep an eye on em! My lil darwin too even!

the idea is great..but sometimes the workmanship on these imported items leaves a lot to be desired,,so it might pay to reinforce stiching or at least keep an eye on it..

baz

True indeed! This is quite sturdy though, no weak seems, will have small herps and amphibs anyway, I never leave my herps sunning alone, too paranoid! :D

Some types of shadecloth cut out most of the UV rays that hit the material Dan, so check exactly what your type of shadecloth does.

Simon Archibald

Oh yeah good thinkin Si, its white stuff, cant think of % but it cuts the heat but not light. Its only on the end (opening anyway not the top.( excepting for shade). :D

Duh me! I see what ya mean, have it taller for the ewd, yeah ill put the zip bit on the ground! good thinkin!! :D

Good one Inny,
They do last a long time 'cause I've been using one for laundry for a few months now and I drag it everywhere.
I'm going to have to stop doing laundry and use it for my babies. lol

Just be careful guys and gals, especially with frogs, as chemicals leaching out of the cheap foreign mesh can be harmful to your animals.

Looks good Inny, your little waters look very happy in there too.

Is a great cheap way of giving your smaller animals sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back