DIY - Thermometer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My datalogger (bought, not made) does it every minute. In something like an enclosure, I don't think there would be much point doing it any more often. How are you programming it? Maybe make it an option/argument so you can change it easily later on depending on your requirements.

How often would be the best for gathering temp data? every minute? 2 minutes, 5 minutes? etc.. I think every minute might be alright..

Faster will mean less fluctuations in temp, but think of it this way, how long for the heat source does it take to make a noticeable/measurable difference? If it takes 5 minutes for it to heat up 1 deg C, then there is no point spending the processing power measuring it every 1 minute, it might be sufficient for you to do every 5 minutes then. Base it on that.

Faster will mean less fluctuations in temp, but think of it this way, how long for the heat source does it take to make a noticeable/measurable difference? If it takes 5 minutes for it to heat up 1 deg C, then there is no point spending the processing power measuring it every 1 minute, it might be sufficient for you to do every 5 minutes then. Base it on that.

Maybe I could make it a users choice (once I've built the settings page for the device).. Thanks for the feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back